2013 Ohio events schedules.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Copied from thread in General forum:

[ Yes for 2013 the Ahrma national will return to Smith Road,it should be a fun weekend! ]

Didn't see this one coming and I am looking forward to it.

This raises a few questions:

* Will Rocket drag out the Husky 510 again?
* Will we see more of the North east Ohio vets at their very own local AHRMA race?

* Did Kreps let his 465 go too soon?
* How many new/old AHRMA racers will show up on borrowed vintage/PV bikes?

* Will George Singler make a guest appearance and race.
* Can we get KO to return to MX racing?
* What about the AHRMA Cross Country race?
* Will Action Sports run a vintage event this year?

So much to think about and do.......
I gotta get busy.

If there's a race at Smith Rd and I can make it on the Husky 510, it will be there! The husky has been waiting patiently to be ridden again..... but not too much, as it makes a lot of work to keep it running!

Man, I hate to give those dumbos any money until my kid can race too
but may have to. Any chance they'll run any promoter classes and
if so, can a 16 year old race? (he'll barely be by then)

Im not sure which "dumbos" your referring to but I'm going to assume its not meant towards myself lol, the way I understand it 16 years old and older can race , but you do have to be at least 16 because AHRMA's insurance only covers 16 and older. I do know they will allow newer bikes to race as well as vintage. If you have any specific questions let me know and ill get the answers you need.

Cool! Another Ohio race would be good reason to ride around during a motocross race.

NQ1965, Bringing more equipment to Smith than the cameras this time around?

Jack and j are kicking around doing more ahrma this year. He is 16 now and can drive too.... We will have to see how LL is for him . He can't do both so we will see.

Cool! Another Ohio race would be good reason to ride around during a motocross race.

NQ1965, Bringing more equipment to Smith than the cameras this time around?

:) :) :) Ha ha....
As much as I love taking photos of you guys KO, it's much funner when Nancy is the photog and I'm out there with you in the turns.

It's my intention to race both days.

Im not sure which "dumbos" your referring to but I'm going to assume its not meant towards myself lol, the way I understand it 16 years old and older can race , but you do have to be at least 16 because AHRMA's insurance only covers 16 and older. I do know they will allow newer bikes to race as well as vintage. If you have any specific questions let me know and ill get the answers you need.

AHRMA dumbos. Still insist they can't insure races with kids while every weekend there are hundreds of
tracks/organizers/sanctioning bodies doing just that. I think you are saying there will be promoter classes
at the Smith Rd. round? An 80cc class, vintage even, would be cool.

AHRMA dumbos. Still insist they can't insure races with kids while every weekend there are hundreds of
tracks/organizers/sanctioning bodies doing just that. I think you are saying there will be promoter classes
at the Smith Rd. round? An 80cc class, vintage even, would be cool.
I will ask for a class list, all I was told was that we would be allowing newer bikes as well as vintage and that the age was 16 and up. We dont offer insurance normally, so Im not sure what the issue is with the insurance. I will post more info when I have it. Thanks guys!

I called my dad to ask about the classes, he said he's not sure yet as this will be his first AHRMA race and we havent gotten the contracts yet, Fred Guidi will be coming down from West Virginia to do a tour and paperwork, but we arent sure when they will be here so a class list and official rules are up in the air as of now, all we know is pending any unforseen circumatances the race will be 6-22 & 6-23.

I can see where the age issue hurts AHRMA, for a lot of reasons.
To me it would make sense to offer some vintage and PV class's for the young'ns and that would encourage grabbing up and restoring a lot of them smaller cc bikes. There's a lot of them still out there. And it builds future AHRMA vet class's. Makes sense.

AHRMA youth classes have been an issue ever since I joined . Seems like everybody I talk to is in favor of the youngsters getting involved in vintage racing but the " powers that be " will not allow it . Even " support " classes for more modern bikes to run after the vintage program is just recently being permitted at some venues .

By the way, the "powers that be" are elected by AHRMA members but maybe 5%
vote. A few years ago a slate that would have made the insurance and
kids issue go away was defeated because the only people that vote are
the "powers that be".

Vote.

You are absolutely right . For all the participants in AHRMA , very few vote . I have tried to vote for more progressive thinking people that I have actually had a chance to speak with and get to know a little bit . Some progress has been made but the "old guard " seems to still have the majority . Don't get me wrong , I like and respect most of the " old guard " mentioned as many of them are pioneers , heroes , and innovators of motorcycle sports . They just seem very reluctant to change their stances on issues that are crucial ( in my opinion ) to allow vintage racing to survive and grow .

I may be overlooking it , but what are the dates for smith road and Actionsports? I saw a June date but did not know which track was on that date. Thanks

Smith roads earlier post:
Our schedule for Smith Road 2013 is the same as always the 3 holidays ( Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day, AHRMA national June 22&23 , and Police and fire on June 15th)

Does AHRMA allow you to show up, pay an entry fee and race for the weekend or do they require a yearly membership? This sounds like all sorts of fun and right before Vintage Days, too.

KRH

Should be able to.
My son, who was not a member, paid a weekend fee at Action Sports/ARHMA last June and got to race.

I bacame a member paying the yearly membership fee to give it as much Ohio support as I can. Would be nice to keep it growing here.

Back