Favorite PRO rider Now and Then??

MX315

PR Addict
Who do just love to see win a main? and who back in the day did ya just want to be when you were riding.....MC...EMIG..Bradshaw...RC....RV....Reedy?

Ha ha just a jab for the nukers, I grew up with Rick Johnson. Loved the Johnson Ward battles at High Point

I too grew up with Rick Johnson & co liked him and most of the guys Broc Glover probably favorite factory rider

that being said, I liked little known Eddie Warren #801 always pulled for the underdog

todays guys id say Dungey and Bagget

I will even toss this in: favorite local rider back in the day Mark Weaver

So many ....can't choose one...but always liked stanton, henry is/was inspiring, RC and a. Young Bubba Stewart were amazing to watch

McGrath was the epitome of cool in his heyday and I loved to see him ride. Now, I like Dungey and Dean Wilson of the current pros the most. I also used to like Greg Albertyn..... he was pretty smooth on a bike in the pre 4 stroke era.

Jim Pomeroy - 1st American to win a World MX GP against the Europeans . Smooth , fast and a great ambassador of the sport and AHRMA participant until his untimely death in a car accident just a few years ago . Also the reason my first bikes were Bultaco's .

Mike LaRocco - Won titles on 125's to 500's coming up and took it to the young phenoms even late in his career . Just as fast and strong at the end of a race as when the gate dropped while the youngsters' tongues were dragging the ground . I believe he could get on a bike today and finish top 10 if not better .

Ryan Dungey - The total package : strong , fast as he needs to be , smart , and adaptable . I see a long career with more titles and records to come .

Too many to list really. RC would have to be now I guess... I have been known to like K-Dub, Henry, Emig, Ward, McGrath, Johnson, and the likes. Probably would have liked Hannah if it was in my day...

Sellards. He's a class act. And I idolized him when he raced 80s. Think I was about 5 or 6. Then when he turned pro I vividly remember him racing a Honda at high point. And straight whipping some tail. I think he got 2nd in points that year. Can't remember years but I remember being track side.

Hannah. Took his riding class at smith road 20yrs ago and have looked up to him ever since. Still have a plaque hung up from that day signed by him and J.D. Hicks!

I always loved Jesseman and any of the Ohio local pros.

But RC is the man and Ryno was always sweet.

For whatever reason I didnt like Langston... no specific reason just didnt like him.

Back