On Any Sunday...

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Hmm, believe it or not, I have never sat down to watch On Any Sunday. Still actually haven't done so for the whole movie, but I am definately thinking about getting the DVD for my collection. Pretty cool show. Ol' Malcom Smith was a motorcycle badass. Never knew so much, just knew of the name...

The show definately makes one want to get out and ride. Wild to see what those bikes were and what they could do on them. Heck, I wasn't even born yet let alone into MX and/or motorcycles. Glad I took a second to sit down and watch a little and/or most of it...

Definitely a "make you wanna ride" movie, even more than "Winner Takes All". On Any Sunday showed how it really is.

Got it on my iPad from iTunes. Helps pass time in airports.

Always thought that movie was sort of the birth of dirt riding in the USA . Bikes sold like crazy after it came out and the strip mines , dunes , tracks , etc. filled with riders . If I'm not mistaken , Malcom Smith still rides to this day on a KTM but I read that his favorite bike was the 400 Husky from the early 80's .

I watch my DVD every now and again.
Besides the great history lesson, for me the Docu-movie sort of shows how far we have come and how far out of perspective and strayed from it's roots racing has gotten our sport.

Things were were so simple and un-complicated then. And with that, when I watch my Little Faus and Big Halsey movie, from the same era-time frame, it makes me wanna go to my garage and give my 74 MX250 a big fat hug.

Back