Gas Prices

damn 3.02..lowest i got was like 3.30 ish by me...

luckily i used some giant eagle fuel perks to fill up the 27 gallon tank in the truck for like 30 bucks!! that put me in a good mood.

Wrong thread Cameron....get with the program. The union bashing is in the " Hershey comment?" thread started by KO1! Cant you union people get anything right besides picketing?

I filled up Monday night, I'm thinking $3.16, and yesterday afternoon it was 3.49.
They didn't want to miss profits from the extra election day traffic.

Wrong thread Cameron....get with the program. The union bashing is in the " Hershey comment?" thread started by KO1! Cant you union people get anything right besides picketing?

I'm a stupid un-educated Union worker you figure it out,I'm too lazy!!!

Station near me was 3.02 yesterday. Today 3.49.

Sturd would call that Supply and Demand. That's the basis of oil. No other factor. Ever.

I thought the Union truck drivers caused it!

yeah, they purposely take the longer route to maximize pay per mile and milk the clock minute-to-minute. Which puts more miles on the company paid trucks, which equals more maintenance costs.

And hot dang, you ever seen them UPS guys drive? They should start putting 5 point harness in those things. "Not my truck not my problem, that's what I say." -Union Upser. <---dirty rotten union guy...

Longer term prices are supply and demand. Short term fluctuations are based on perception and speculation on the oil commodity market. When the market thinks we are serious about developing our own oil, or when Romney was looking good in teh polls, crude prices begin to drop. Now that the election is over, it will begin rising because the commodities market sees we are back to using taxpayer money to fund failed solar panel mfgs as a "solution" instead of drilling for oil.

Try driving the Indiana Toll Road. The price of fuel can jump $.25, $.50 and I have seen as high as $.60 a gallon as soon as you cross the border. BTW, not sure if it is related...but the Indiana Toll Road is leased by owners in foreign countries... Sure supply and demand have an influence on the price, but greed and professional extortion impact it equally. Exercise your freedom, don't patronize those companies that do not fit your ideals.

It is interesting to see Wall Streets reaction yesterday to election results. I think they were more optimistic with Romney than Obama.

Back