Crow Canyon Motorsports Club LLC Memberships Limited

sellards18

PR Addict
Starting January 1st 2013 Crow Canyon will no longer be open to the public.
Crow Canyon will become Crow Canyon Motorsports Club LLC.
Membership will be limited to 175 voting members.
Each voting member will have full access to the riding park and clubhouse.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them.
Memberships are filling fast and we just started taking applications online only!
Visit www.crowcanyonmx.com and fill out the application

Thanks,
Brock

Sorry, this just seems like a horrible idea. Not my business in any sense of the word, but I don't have a remote clue how you will manage to pay bills and operation costs on perhaps the $60K you Might earn through membership fees. Sure hope you have some open riding dates for a back up plan, would hate to see the big events canceled (and I don't mean just the qualifier). Heard even the shop left. I know quite a few people upset about this. Many people aren't from around town to go to meetings and work parties while not being able to ride afterwards. Sure hope it works out in the end, wouldn't want to see the property sold to frackers because there wasn't enough revenue.

Sucks, I was just starting to accomplish things the last time I went. Was looking forward to spending a lot of time there in the coming years.

Sorry, this just seems like a horrible idea. Not my business in any sense of the word, but I don't have a remote clue how you will manage to pay bills and operation costs on perhaps the $60K you Might earn through membership fees. Sure hope you have some open riding dates for a back up plan, would hate to see the big events canceled (and I don't mean just the qualifier). Heard even the shop left. I know quite a few people upset about this. Many people aren't from around town to go to meetings and work parties while not being able to ride afterwards. Sure hope it works out in the end, wouldn't want to see the property sold to frackers because there wasn't enough revenue..

I agree with pretty much everything here.

I think this will kill the LLQ turn out. Unless you're a seasoned national rider, who is going to want to go to the LLQ if they can't even practice on the track? Most people can't go around a track 3 or 4 times and be hammering it to the best of their ability.

We are still gonna have a few events like a LLC, A works, and Turkey Run.
A LLC is a race to narrow the field to a regional then the regional narrows it again for the nationals. In my opinion if you are that concerned in an area qualifier you'll pry never have much hope making it through the regional even if it was at your house. I got second at a LLC with one arm and a full cast up to my shoulder at a track I had never been before, it don't matter if you are ready. But I will try to open it up on Friday if we vote yes on it so everyone can get a little extra time. Please don't be offended it just my two cents. AES moved down the road because the started a KTM franchise and it is an awesome place off I77 & 250 split by the Eagle Truck Stop. The previous shop will be our clubhouse. There will be Voting Membership and Associate memberships that fall under the Voting members immediate family. We should be fine with making the payments we did the math right I hope lol.

Kind Regards,
Brock
www.crowcanyonmx.com

I will be running the Beans Bike Park events along with the MX & GP track at crows. I just put in a 5 mile GP-UTV course that is sick for the Turkey Run. Then it rained, then some more, even more, you get the picture. So it should not affect it in a manor but in a positive manor.

Thanks,
Brock

I would love to become a member but the place is about 2 hours away, which would make it a bit hard. Especially during the slow months, when the track is only open on weekends, it as been very difficult to get everybody able to go at once, because when we do we take a huge group, including family and friends because that's when it is fun to ride.

As far as I know the LLQ was before the season opened, spare one open track practice before, and it being in late March it's practically fair game anyways, but still. I can't help but think if I had that one extra time on the track I wouldn't have fallen stupidly and failed miserably when I had that one really good chance (different track).

Glad to hear there will still be a few events open for public, but what's the main point of becoming member? Is it the traffic you get for the MX track? Is it even a possibility to make the MX tracks member while allowing open trail riding year round? I can't imagine the trails take up much work, maybe just the cost of land and arrows for special events. Because honestly it wouldn't be for the MX, probably do 5 laps the entire day. Your wrist band system enforcement was probably the best I seen anywhere; that could help.

Is the membership $ for one year or is it a one time only fee ?

Will the fee give you any type of part ownership like some other clubs?

Will there be track prep on weekends like it has been in the past for the MX track?

What other advantages of being a member would I have ?

Are there plans to hold MX races or Harescrambles to make money for the club?

Sounds like a great way to weed out beginners and entry level riders, and to keep those pesky trailriders from spending a little time on the track and finding out what it might be like. I would say its a perfect plan for an exclusive club of currently committed riders with little potential for growth. I guess $250 per year + $50 for each family member over 12 isn't bad if you go there a lot, and its the only place you go. It won't do much to promote or grow the sport, but I'm sure thats not the focus here. I guess others will do what we have been doing for a few years now, which is driving by, looking up on the hill, and saying "That used to be a great place to come down for the occasional day for riding trails and the track".

Was it Groucho Marx who said " I would never join a club that would have me as a member?"

I personally dont get the club thing unless your within 45 minutes of the track. Maybe its finacially a better business plan but I dont quite see how? I like to ride at a different places through out the year. I just cant see membership being cost effective for most. Other clubs also require work hours. Ive just never understood the club route. Western Reserve makes it work I guess. Place is awsome. However Ive only had a chance to ride there 1 time in the past 3 years. So its a love hate thing with WRMC. Good luck to Crow Canyon and there new venture.

Membership is for one year and you will be an owner for that period of time. You can run for President, VP, Secretary, etc after the first 6 months (already appointed now). There will be a trail committee, track committee (which I'll need about 10 solid guys to be on to held make it sweet), land committee, etc. We are planning on putting a pool table, big screen (SX parties), etc so it will be a cool place to hang out and have a get together and do our favorite thing, RIDE.

400 acres 7 days a week to use at your disposal, for $250, are you kidding me!!!! It's a dream come true for 99% of us. It will be one of the largest club owned land in OHIO.

Guess what, we can get together and make it the way we want it!

Thanks,
Brock (you better join the MX committee when you sign up :)

Brock you did a great Job with Beans and Im sure you will do the same with Crow. Clubhouse sounds like a cool Idea! Will certianly have to check it out and keep and open mind.

sounds like and awesome deal for those who live decently close to the facility, i would love to be a part of something like this, but with a 1hr 45 minute drive one way its pretty unrealistic. i try and make it to crow a couple times a year just to show support, that was prob one of the first track i ever rode at, sad to know i wont be able to do that anymore, its been real crow.

I would really love to become a member, but like others with a 1-hour plus drive on way it's not feasible for me to spend $250 a year plus more in gas if I want to make more than 3 trips. I can spend less than that to rent a machine very other year to keep my smaller practice track at home in shape with no drive time. I'm bummed I won't be able to ride there anymore but wish you luck and hope it remains a ride park, whether private or public.

After the $250 membership fee would there still be a daily riding fee, as in members still have to pay $20 a day to ride even after joining? Also, if after working more than the minimum number of work days could one begin receiving a discount on the next year's membership? I've seen several clubs who do that.

Sounds like a great way to weed out beginners and entry level riders, and to keep those pesky trailriders from spending a little time on the track and finding out what it might be like. I would say its a perfect plan for an exclusive club of currently committed riders with little potential for growth. I guess $250 per year + $50 for each family member over 12 isn't bad if you go there a lot, and its the only place you go. It won't do much to promote or grow the sport, but I'm sure thats not the focus here. I guess others will do what we have been doing for a few years now, which is driving by, looking up on the hill, and saying "That used to be a great place to come down for the occasional day for riding trails and the track".

Was it Groucho Marx who said " I would never join a club that would have me as a member?"

Tim, I think you or those in your group would be out of luck even if you did join. Looking at the terms and conditions, rule number 13 says " No three wheelers are permitted on the track or trails at any time."

Back