Did anyone see the moto last night?

One of the most poignant episodes yet. Makes me glad I started riding later in life for the enjoyment of the sport. Also glad my son got into it later in the game so we didn’t end up chasing that dream. Ride for the competition and fun of it. The professional side of this sport needs a drastic overhaul for those outside the top 4-5 factory guys. I’ve never been a big Grant guy but I’ll be pulling for him now.

Awsome episode. And man did grant get screwed by his mom.

Oh yeah, she pulled the plug on the cash cow. Grants wife is driving a 70,000 SUV while pulling out of an upscale housing development.... That house looks like it's got some decent square footage. Not sure how they can be claiming the "poor" card.

McDade is poor.

The professional overhaul solution: 35 guys sit on that gate and wave to the crowd. While the groans/moan echo over the rolling hills of the great professional motocross circuit.

Who wants to watch 5 guys race? PAY THE RIDERS. I paid $40 twice this year, bought a few event Tees in the process. Why can't the promoter pay the rider that is the main concourse for filling the promoter pockets?

Then you got Stewart who can pick and choose when he wants to race, load up the cash wheel barrow, laugh after not finishing moto 1 and fly home in his jet.

Yeah Stewart can do that cause just like he said in his Oakley commercial. "do you know who won the race? No but did u see James jump that wall". Or anything else he does.

MAI agree it don't look like grant is strapped for cash but I think they were Refering to just the extra savings they had. Not all of his money. What I don't get is why the hell does his mom have access to themoney. Honestly the should show guys like mcdade and the driven to ride guys.

Even the driven to ride guys aren't poor.

You would think that the parents of these pro motocross riders would have offered better guidance. Give a good hearted attempt. If it's failing and bankrupting the family then stop and figure out a way to provide for yourself.

I'm not trying to start a war here with local parents of pro riders being terrible parents. Don't take it that way. But kids need to open their eyes. If only 5 guys are making a living at anything. Then you better had be able to beat them, because 6th place means your broke. Perhaps the Parent then needs to step in and say look: "You're 7th, keep trying for a short period but if it doesn't work out find another avenue." Until the payroll can support our growing talent-pool in the sport, alof of the "talented" guys need to give it up and find something else to be talented at.

I'm not saying that I don't think the pro guys on the gate shouldn't get paid. But I have no control over that. Those guys are talented for sure!

Everyday I'm thankful for having a Mother and Father that showed me you have to work during the week to play on the weekend.

Yea it was the start of the new season. They said the next 6 episodes are gona b all along these lines. A diffrent look at the sport. And i can understand as a rider how the cost is slowly killing the sport. But im sure itl only get worse. I just remember how it used to b when i was on 50's and even thru the 80's. Now its all bout how much money u got to spend. Not jist on the bikes but just gettin to the tracks and cost of riding in general. I remember when u could ride a track for 5 bucks!

Speaking of the Grants and $...

I won a Showa A-kit shock and fork that was then given to me at A1 back in 2005. I had already arranged to sell the set to a guy who's son was a privateer who was trying to get in the night show at A1. I walked the stuff over to where they were pitted and he let me know we'd have to walk into the stadium to get the money from a friend of his. At the time, it sounded pretty odd and I was suspicious of what was going on. We go in the stadium to find his friend, turns out it's Josh Grant's dad. We walk to a quiet corner and Mr Grant pulls out a HUGE roll of cash and counts out several thousand bucks for me...all Benjamins. Him peeling off my money from that roll didn't even put a dent in it! Amazed that someone would carry around that kinda cash...figured they were ultra wealthy.

Thats how you got the 84 250...saweet.Nice Mooch!
That was a good episode. I cant believe Grant dropped out of school in 9th grade. Why not home school and at least get a diploma. Probably couldnt even count that cash he lost to his mom.
Seems like the sport was about more than money back in the 70- 80 s ..... Everytrhing has gone to money and sponsors. Look at football, Basketball and most other sports. Money and advertising dominates. Its almost not about the players anymore...unless your the Goat or Stewart. Kind of sad.

Speaking of the Grants and $...

I won a Showa A-kit shock and fork that was then given to me at A1 back in 2005. I had already arranged to sell the set to a guy who's son was a privateer who was trying to get in the night show at A1. I walked the stuff over to where they were pitted and he let me know we'd have to walk into the stadium to get the money from a friend of his. At the time, it sounded pretty odd and I was suspicious of what was going on. We go in the stadium to find his friend, turns out it's Josh Grant's dad. We walk to a quiet corner and Mr Grant pulls out a HUGE roll of cash and counts out several thousand bucks for me...all Benjamins. Him peeling off my money from that roll didn't even put a dent in it! Amazed that someone would carry around that kinda cash...figured they were ultra wealthy.

Yea Grant's mom and pops are getting destitute over all of this racing. Why are they being villainised for saying "sorry no more cash rolls for you, time to find out what your father did to make all that money so you can do it all over again for Wyatt, happy life."

Yea Grant's mom and pops are getting destitute over all of this racing. Why are they being villainised for saying "sorry no more cash rolls for you, time to find out what your father did to make all that money so you can do it all over again for Wyatt, happy life."

I think it was more about Grants mom was in charge of his money . He was Trusting her . Like grants hot ass wife said if you cant trust your own mother what women can you trust. She was telling him he had savings and next thing you no she drained it all out. I dont think it was about her and his dad being the cash cows.

Two sides to every story. I'd like to hear her side (Grant's Mom) before I take blondie's side as gospel.

Grant had in his driveway:

extended van ($40,000)
Chevy Suburban (60,000+)
House (who knows)
Bikes (Who knows)
Pw50 ($800) :p

How big was this guys Savings account? More so that $100,000 or more wouldn't bankrupt it? Especially if he has no salary contracts, he has no income. Whose putting cash in the Savings?

Yes i agree. Its not like i feel sorry for them (Im sure blondie has had a tough way to go in life)haha. Like you said rolling around in those high dollar cars and living in a brand new house in california maybe he should of got some kind of personal accountant to handle his cash instead of family. That episode makes us normal dirtbikers glad we just call are buddys up and roost on them for no other reason than fun & love for the sport.

Grant's wife is going to be in for a rude awakening in whatever sport her kid gets into. She was talking about being able to buy all the baseball equipment you need at Toys-R-Us for under $100. Maybe "toy" equipment, but the last time I checked a good bat will run you over $250 alone. Baseball glove - $75 to $500, basketball shoes - $100+, Under-Armor gear of any kind - $$$$, etc. Doesn't matter the sport, it's all big bucks nowadays.

If you ever wanted to get rich, come up with a product that is used in youth sports. Parents will go broke trying to give their child an edge.

You only do it because you love it. I remember reading about Josh Hill. When he got his first factory contract at 16 his parents were$500,000 in debt getting him to that level. You'd better learn a way to feed yourself other than moto. Only a chosen few make it to the big time and it doesn't last forever.

I agree with Georgie. These guys have one year where they are making $100,000 and live it like they just made $500,000. Grant has a 9th grade education. My guess is, he is not like anyone else with a 9th grade education. They walk in the car dealer, appliance store, realestate office, and they ask what can you afford a month to pay for this. So at that point he signs on the dotted line. Wonder if Blondie thought about going out and getting a job? Alot of these guys are in for a rude awakening. That is what I even say about Bubba. When the career is done, I hope he has invested well, because he lives extremely large (I know some on here think I am crazy), and he could end up broke trying to maintain all that he has. I can only imagine the insurance bill for all his property and toys.

Back