Home Surveillance/Security Camera Experts?

Ron505

PR Founding Father
We've had some things come up missing lately, and our telephone and high speed lines to our house cut, and was wondering if any of you have any experience with security cameras. I'm looking for a good system, but need to try to keep the cost as low as possible. I have looked on Ebay and Amazon, and found so many that my head is spinning. I'm reading good and bad reviews on just about every system out there.

Can anyone help steer me in the right direction?

I want night time capabilities, 4 cameras, and I'm not sure if i need a DVR or if I can just use my 6 year old desktop. I am not a tech savvy person to say the least.

Any information that anyone can offer of their experience, what to watch out for, or stay clear of, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Cameras

I am by no means an expert on this but last christmas I purchased a Samsung system from Sams Club
for my wife to watch her alpacas and monitor the house and shop.
It came with everything you need and was pretty easy to setup
I have 1 camera looking at the barn/pasture-1 on the garage/shop-1 on the driveway and the other in the house.
There is an app for the I-Phone so we can look at the cameras anytime we are away.
The dvr can be setup to record from motion detection or from whatever hours you set
I believe there are apps for other smart phones also
If I can help in any way let me know

Back