Josh Grant

John250

PR Founding Father
So Josh grant is back on a Joe Gibbs Yamaha now. Has a great team with tons of resources behind them. What is everyones opinion on what Josh will do in SX this year? He has shown he has the speed. Had bad luck tearing both ACLs in two years. But seems to be healthy now, and is broke, so he has motivation to perform more than ever. Always seemed like a pretty good kid. Hope he has a good season. Probably wont have the RV, CR or RD speed, but I look for him to get some podiums this year. Anyone else think so?

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/supercross_motocross/2012/11/08/thor-mx-checks-in-with-josh-grant/

I say unless everyone gets hurt or all the stars totally fall into place there is no way in hell he is getting a podium. He has as much of a chance as josh hill has. One thing I have to sa is grant is getting better and I hope he does do well

Stewart. Reed. Villopoto. Dungey. Barcia. 5 guys that will dominate the podium week to week. Grant? No way unless of course some of those guys get injured.

Let the Stewart bashing begin! Lol

Yeah, Grant's one of those guys that you pull for, because you want to see a guy turn it around and come back from adversity, but I dont see it in Sx. If he gets on the podium, the front 5-6 are injured. It would a really good goal to finish a complete Sx and outdoor season with no injuries, and let the cards fall where they will.

I think as long as he does not hit the deck at A1 press day he will do good. Big fan of the Grant and the Gibbs team.

I really like watching Grant ride, great style on the bike. I'd like to see him on he box but the field is too deep. The top 5 guys are going to battling week in and week out. Add Windham into the mix and Grant loses another spot.

No chance. The "universe will get him" curse will continue ....

And Josh is far from broke. Dont let Blondie and his crybaby tactics win u over.

And Josh is far from broke. Dont let Blondie and his crybaby tactics win u over.
You mean to say that one isn't desitute when they're wife drives around a new suburban, sitting next to a brand new extended moto van, in a california development?

I think the biggest surprise of this thread is that John250 likes a guy with that many tattoos! Or maybe he doesn't realize that Grant has almost as much ink as Carey Hart.... and those long sleeve team shirts that everyone puts Grant in are covering up the human art canvas that he is. Turning over a new leaf John250?

I'm sure that you do, Mr Hershey!!!

And I don't think Grant has it in him anymore to become one of the elite riders and is destined to be a guy buried in the pack somewhere. At one time, he was very promising, but injuries, bad decisions, big lifestyle, etc have all taken their toll on him and taken away from the unlimited potential that he once had and made him just another guy on the pro gate. While the motivation might be there now since he's got to make ends meet for the rest of his life on his limited education.... he passed up the best part of his earning potential partying it up with his NFL Cheerleader girlfriend and living on talent alone. The real deal guys that are making the money in the sport are the guys that are totally dedicated to the sport and improving themselves and their bikes. They don't have time to hang out and party......

Dont disagree Rocket. But the kid used to have some speed. He is on a good bike. Didnt he get like 5th at the Monster Cup?

When I think of Josh Grant the first image that appears in my mind is his bike ghosting into the parked truck at High Point after he went over the bars a few years ago.....

I only wish that I had 1/2 of the talent that Josh Grant does on a motorcycle. He has skills that I can only dream of, but having skills doesn't make you a podium threat anymore in the professional world of MX / SX. Every guy that gets a national # has unbelievable skills on a bike and can go faster than anyone of us on this forum. But the Elite guys in the sport are at a whole different level above the rest of the field that has national #'s. Those guys are Dungey, Villopoto, Reed, Stewart, Canard, Barcia, Wilson, Baggett, Windham (on certain tracks), Weimer, Roczen, Tomac, Alessi (outdoors) and Musquin. Those are the elite of the field as I see it right now, Grant is more on the level with the next group of guys that are fighting to be in the top 10 every week, not consistently up front. At one time, Grant was one of the young new talent with the ability to grow into that perennial power group but it faded away for whatever reason....... my guess is that it was for lack of the same hard work that those other guys put in that are on that list now, but injuries play a part in there too...... and pretty soon, you're a 6th - 15th place guy in SX when you had been a winner in the past.

I only wish that I had 1/2 of the talent that Josh Grant does on a motorcycle. He has skills that I can only dream of, but having skills doesn't make you a podium threat anymore in the professional world of MX / SX. Every guy that gets a national # has unbelievable skills on a bike and can go faster than anyone of us on this forum. But the Elite guys in the sport are at a whole different level above the rest of the field that has national #'s. Those guys are Dungey, Villopoto, Reed, Stewart, Canard, Barcia, Wilson, Baggett, Windham (on certain tracks), Weimer, Roczen, Tomac, Alessi (outdoors) and Musquin. Those are the elite of the field as I see it right now, Grant is more on the level with the next group of guys that are fighting to be in the top 10 every week, not consistently up front. At one time, Grant was one of the young new talent with the ability to grow into that perennial power group but it faded away for whatever reason....... my guess is that it was for lack of the same hard work that those other guys put in that are on that list now, but injuries play a part in there too...... and pretty soon, you're a 6th - 15th place guy in SX when you had been a winner in the past.
Well put...Grant will be lucky to break top ten ....just milking what he can until he fades away and starts a t-shirt company or tattoo parlor

When I think of Josh Grant the first image that appears in my mind is his bike ghosting into the parked truck at High Point after he went over the bars a few years ago.....

It actually hit a fence. Looked like it wacked the truck on tv though.

I agree with your Rocket, you are less than half talented.
ha ha...had too.

You have to be all in and commited in motocross to win it these days.

Josh Grant will have a couple good motos. He has speed.

But hes done. I was never a fan of his.
Dont like em, but Im a hater.

Back