Bought A Bike Today!!!

faithlove617

PR Addict
BBBRRRAAAPPP!!!

Picked up a 2006 CRF450 for $1500. Pulled my first ever holeshot on this bike, then 2 laps later got passed by Stephen Barrington. It needs some work, but when I am done, it will be for me and my own. It will make a cool before / after deal. Thank you guys for all the encouragement! Looking forward to riding...

Congratulations! Sound like a project bike but as long as pieces are in tact and ur decent mechanic u can resurrect to a fine little piggy.... looking forward to seeing before and after pics
also....better get used to BRrroopphh instead of Braap ...lol

BBBRRRAAAPPP!!!

Picked up a 2006 CRF450 for $1500. Pulled my first ever holeshot on this bike, then 2 laps later got passed by Stephen Barrington. It needs some work, but when I am done, it will be for me and my own. It will make a cool before / after deal. Thank you guys for all the encouragement! Looking forward to riding...
Good times! Correct me if Im wrong, that was Aaron Clarks bike you borrowed back then? I for sure remember that race. I didnt race too much so the good ones/fun ones stick out. I think it was a close one going back and forth.

LoneRanger171

Thanks man!

It is a project bike, but with a few hundred bucks it is reliable. A good friend of mine, Aaron Clark bought this bike new. Only Chuck Beamer has touched the motor, and "One-Legged" Mark Clark is the regular maintenance technician. This bike is solid. Then this and another mint '02 CR250 Aaron had were stolen. He got reimbursed by the insurance company. Then they found the bikes last week. The 250 was in pieces with motor in pieces. The 450 has a worn out rear tire, bent handlebars, broken levers, missing chain guide, missing axle nut and block. Has older fresh plastic and graphics. My guess is they beat the 250 and was scared of the 450, so they rode it on the road and spilled here and there. It starts up first kick and makes no funny noises, the top end was replaced last fall along with 2 intake vales and parts and made sure the head was in good shape by Chuck Beamer.

The plan is to pick it up in February or so, tear it down and start over. Rebuild the entire bike fully customized to me. A brand new "old" bike for half the price of a '13. Gonna have the motor checked by pulling the top-end off and go from their-but am hoping that the motor is cool or will be minor. Then ride it next year and rebuild the motor completely next winter. Then the bike will be ready for 2014.

Goal is to be riding June 1st. So you will see the before/after then.

Gonna have to work in Brroopphh, doesn't sound good comin out of my mouth.

Barrington314

Yep, bought it from Aaron. We diced the opening laps and then your pass stuck. That was alot of fun, you passed me over the jump by the road, i wanna say to the inside? Definitely good memories! BBBRRRAAAPPP!!!

MBroman705

Thank you, riding is gonna be alot of fun together. Most times I come across you, the first thought in my head is the battlesburg berm. :)

Back