Some of the Mid East Area LL Qualifiers for 2013

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Got an Email from GLMX about their upcoming season, and said their schedule was posted. I quickly opened it up and there was LLQ info on the site originally that isn't showing there now, I think they realized that info isn't supposed to be released yet so they moved it off the site. But for those that need info as soon as possible, here's the scoop:

Wildcat Creek - Area Qualifier Mar 23 - 24
Log Road - Area Qualifier April 13 - 14
Red Bud - Area Qualifier May 4 - 5

You can probably throw in a Crow Canyon and Fast Traxx in there somewhere too.... which gives you 5 out of 8 qualifiers for our region.

Start your planning now!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
It's not Dutch as they are part of GLMX and didn't have it listed and it's not on the schedule that way. There could be a regional at the new National track in Indiana since it would be a good dress rehearsal to see how the place handles big crowds of vehicles, lots of racers, and lots of track maintenance. The Coombs are in control of who gets the race and if they are opening up a new track....... what better way to break it in than a Regional to get the biggest crowd possible and try everything out.

I'd say the top 2 choices are the Ironman GNCC place (new national track) and Baja in my opinion. Other than that, there aren't that many places that can hold regional now a days with all of the demands needed.

kevin849

PR Member
As far as I know they are not closed, they have a GNCC scheduled for 2013 and are owned bye Jeff Russells grandfather. Which makes a regional possible. Keep the money in the family. LOL

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Sunday Creek has had it before, and Jeff Russell is married to one of the Coombs' daughters...... so they do have an inside track if they want it. I was at the last Amatuer one in Sunday Creek in, I think, 2002...... it was OK, but certainly not one of the better regionals I've been to. I think that's the Pitracer washing machine story of wheels and swingarms in the first turn story.. Baja really wants it again and that guy puts on a good show and really goes all out for the racers, he had it in 2009, so I know he tried to get it, but for some reason they don't love that promoter. The new Ironman GNCC spot makes a lot of sense though to give the new National Track a walk through with the biggest event outside of a National there a few months ahead to work out the bugs.

And yes, High Point, Steel City and the other tracks mentioned are in North East Region and wouldn't be able to hold the Mid East Regional. Mid East comprises, Ohio, Indiana, part of Illinois, Michigan, part of Tennessee and part of Kentucky I believe, so the track needs to be in that area of the country to hold the regional.