Chainsaw Granny - Might get a kick out of this!

faithlove617

PR Addict
Say hello to Granny and her little friend!

granny.jpg

This is my Granny. She is 87 and still swings a hammer. She hand-built, originally designed picnic tables for about the last 68 years. My mom does it now. This was taken yesterday. Granny is the coolest!

halffast

PR Elite
Very cool . Too bad that people don't pay a bit more attention to that generation and learn something from them . Lost my Grandmother last year just days shy of birthday 101 . Tough as nails and could talk and run rings around the average person even into her 90's . I once saw her chase a 900 pound bull into a shed .... with a flyswatter ! No bull ... umm lie .

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I recently got my grandma to write down all of her holiday recipes, took pictures of the finished product. Wish I woulda got my great grand pap and pap to write down there stories from WWII and the Korean War. It's gone with time now. Unfortunately.

My great grandfather was on a ship in ww2 the war in the pacific. He survived one ship being sunk by a Kamakazi pilot. He came home worked in the coal mine for 43 years, smoked a pipe in the morning and a pipe before bed every day. He died of bladder cancer at 93 years old in 2011. Go figure.

John250

PR Founding Father
I hope to live to be 93! Riding MX most of my life, I will probably walk like I was in the war. Guys like your great grandfather are unfortunately passing each day. They have the best stories ever, and knew what it was family to take care of their own responsibilites, rather than thinking the government owed them something for not working.