scrubing bubbles

BWagner15

PR Member
Just watched a video on racerx, has anyone on here used scrubing bubbles to wash their bikes? They were saying it works as well as simple green and its much cheaper since you can buy it in bulk

You can buy Simple Green in gallon jugs from McMaster. Maybe at
Lowe's or Home Depot too but for sure at McMaster.

I've used mean green from dollar store for years. Dad always had simple green in the machine shop but I can't stand the smell of it. Mean green works great on bikes. But ya gotta watch clear coated rims on cars. I ruined a set of Tahoe wheels with it. Turned the clear coat a milky white. Oops. But it sure cleaned the tires nice. Lol and it's like 5 bucks a gallon. I get one spray bottle and a gallon. Just refill the spray with it.

Vector Labratories? Company down in youngstown, My dad found them for buying different cleaners they used on the tow trucks. They sell "drum packs" of the powder chemicals for different detergents they make. I think the one I use on the bike is "Bionic 2000". Works awesome and about $125 gets you everything to mix up 55 gallons in one shot. Usually last me two years and I use it on just about everything I pressure wash.

And aluminum! I used it once. I used my pressure washer to get it all off, not well enough because it turned parts of my wheels and cylinder white and wouldnt scrub off!

Yeah, cleaner/degreasers like purple power are no good for aluminum. They might be alright if you dillute them, but I'd still be scared.

Thats what I always worry about.some of that stuff is harsh. I use good old soap and water, Wesleys bleech white and elbow greese.

never had a problem with my $2 bottle of mean green. i use it straight, sometimes mix it 50/50... 5050 cleans well enough, but sometimes im just too lazy to dump half of it into another bottle and mix it up..lol

I dilute the purple power. Maybe I'll try this mean green Schtuff though. Didn't notice The purple power to be as aggressively wearing as you guys described.

Scrubbing bubbles or bubba scrubbing?
Red-Bull-Ride-Day-Stewart-scrub-crazy-Guy-B1.jpg

that makes me sick. the only time my bikes ever laid over that far is when im cartwheeling.. and then there he is just looking over like hey.. i can do this in my sleep!!! as hes probably 3rd or 4th gear on a 450 scrubbing down a 80 ft hill.. :-/

Small amount of TSP with warm soapy water, Carefully!!! do not allow to dry, and make sure everything is rinsed thoroughly. Will leave etch marks, streaks if allowed to dry. really gets the grime off. I only use this like twice a year. Just hot water and soap for most regular cleanings.

I have always used simple green, used Suzuki wash when I worked at a dealership. Simple green works good, was just lookin for something that worked that I could buy in bulk for cheap. Definitely never heard of the scrubbing bubbles thing until the racerx video tho

Back