SX Schedule change

John250

PR Founding Father
So we have a schedule change for SX. Dodger stadium is gone, and Anaheim gets a third race. It is so stupid in my opinion to hold three rounds at the exact same location. Why not go some where different. Perhaps back to Detroit? That facility was awesome and had a great crowd.

So we have a schedule change for SX. Dodger stadium is gone, and Anaheim gets a third race. It is so stupid in my opinion to hold three rounds at the exact same location. Why not go some where different. Perhaps back to Detroit? That facility was awesome and had a great crowd.

i agree with detroit, good parking, good crowd, pits arent great but fun and close.

What facility are you talking about the silverdome? Loved the section into the grand stands that they used to have but they tore the Silverdome down years ago.

No. Ford Field where the Lions play. The SX was there a few years ago. The dome is state of the art, and VERY nice.

You guys are all too funny, the silverdome is still there #1. A guy bought it for $500,000 and still runs events there. It cost millions to build and he got a steal on it, but what are you gonna do with a stadium????

#2 - Why have 3 in Anaheim? Because they sell out all 3 of them, have 3 different tracks, and all of the industry is based close by and let's face reality. The economy of the Southern Cali area is in better shape than Detroit's economy. The teams are all based there, the aftermarket is mostly based there, and the riders are mostly based there for the winter anyway..... and advertising sells the show by sponsors paying the way. I bet that they can get twice as much ad revenue in Anaheim than they can in Detroit. Unfortunately, Ohio might be the most important state in a presidential election, but it's not in the SX choice of where to hold races.

Make a vacation out of 1 and go hang out for a weekend out there. You'll see why they go there instead of Detroit in the winter.

Rocket I understand that, but the economy sucks there too. I have friends there. But the industry and amount of people still sell it out. Dont disagree with any of your points. Profit is awesome for the three races. They never take the dirt out, use it for three races plus Monster trucks so multiply the savings. They take dirt into Phoenix for the SX, run monster trucks two weeks later, remove the dirt and give the diamondbacks new grass every year.

Economy is bad in general for our country, but the Rust Belt and manufacturing areas like Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh are harder hit than places like Southern California. They have had 3 at Anaheim in the recent past, so they went back to that. It's a profit thing and it makes business sense, we're just in the wrong part of the country to take advantage of it, so we're complaining...... that's the way I see it.

Com' on man... you're letting us down.

:confused:

Back