Daytona Amateur SX

John250

PR Founding Father
Looks as if the 4th annaul is going to happen. My son and I have raced the three previous races. It has always been expensive, but seems higher this year for some reason. Maybe I just have a bad memory. For us to race will be $665. I will be in Daytona for bike week, but man, I am thinking of passing on racing. I could use the $665 for something else.
40+ $150
85 $150
65 $75 (second class discount)
Wife and two additional kids $150 (and thats them only going sunday monday)
Garage $100 (so grandma and grandpa dont walk a 100 miles to watch Matthew)
Transponders $40
total $665 to race three classes. It does include tickets for me and Matthew for the Pro SX......but man its getting expensive.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
so you can go race 1 class and get into the gates / race / pits for the weekend for 150??? IMO thats a good deal. i spent $75 on my indy ticket, and thats for 1 day..ill spend $100+ to race a local race.. seems fair to me.

John250

PR Founding Father
And a 22+ 450 and 250 C class for the older c class riders.

Yes, $150 plus the $20 transponder gets you into the pits and pro SX. Thats just you, I have another racer and two more kids and a wife. So everything starts adding up quickly.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
for a family yeah its probably a lot. for 1 guy that's pretty good Imo. i want to do it every year but it never happens.

John250

PR Founding Father
23 it is a great event really. Very well run. two days, decent amount of track time. Track gets rough, they make it raceable for everyone, yet still challenging. MX Sports really does a nice job with it. One guy it is a decent deal. I just add more for two more classes, the family etc. I will bitch about the cost, but will be doing it since I am in Daytona anyway. My parents will be there to see my son so hard to not do it.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Don't let Crute fool you with the 1 guy thing. He could afford to take take your entire family, my family and all of us race 2 classes. And then pick up a brand new 450 on his way home.

hershey

PR Elite
23 it is a great event really. Very well run. two days, decent amount of track time. Track gets rough, they make it raceable for everyone, yet still challenging. MX Sports really does a nice job with it. One guy it is a decent deal. I just add more for two more classes, the family etc. I will bitch about the cost, but will be doing it since I am in Daytona anyway. My parents will be there to see my son so hard to not do it.

Then take your son to race and enjoy the fact he is doing it. You and the fam can just spectate if your worried about $ !

John250

PR Founding Father
Is anyone going besides me? I have a garage rented, and if anyone is going that did not want rent one, I am willing to split the cost of it and share the garage. Let me know.

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Hey John, I am not going, but I'm going to plan on doing it next year. Looks like fun, and although expensive it will be cool to say I raced at Daytona. I will probably make a vacation out of it and head down there for the week.

John250

PR Founding Father
I just bought another unit (larger condo) for bike week on the beach. The unit I had listed for this coming up week, will be available for bike week next year.....Talk to me next year, and theres plenty of room in that garages, and it saves a ton of walking.