Vintage/ Retro Mx Gear

Spagina

PR Elite
I have recently decided that i will never throw away, or sell, any more of my motocross gear. Lately i have been thinking about getting a 125 (cough...144) project started, and want to get custom graphics made to make a newer (02 and up) Cr 125 look kind of like a stock 1995... old school, with a new school touch. i think it will be awesome.

In addition to the graphics, i have been thinking about how sick it would be to have some 90s mx gear. i have been searching ebay for some old stuff but it is really hard to find in matching sets! those old cotton jerseys were trashed after a season from what i remember.

is it just me that likes retro gear, or what? because im thinking i should keep most of my stuff now because it will be awesome to have someday when im older.

so, the reason for this post was to ask what everyone has? im not talking about new retro, like the MSR, or JT, but true retro gear.. i have some stuff that ill post up on here eventually... i bought some size 32 pants off ebay because they are identical to the purple fox image pants i had when i was 6 on a sx50... they dont fit so well so i let my fiance wear them. but i am always on the prowel for 90's gear.

so, post a picture, let us know what cool old gear you have... and if its for sale, its even better!

Most of us that have gear from the 90s should be willing to part with it, it probably wont fit us anymore. I never keep old gear for long.....gave it away or would sell it or toss it.

If I could go back in time I would buy all my gear in two sets -- one set for me to use at the time, and another set 8 sizes bigger so I can use it now!

I'll see if I can get some pics in the near future. Have a couple jerseys from the 90's almost new. Most are hot pink. Wouldn't be caught dead wearing em now. lol I bought what was cheap back then. Limited budget when you are a teen and your parents didn't like you riding. Think most were answer jerseys.

I'm probably going to regret saying this, but I still have and still fit into my HoT Sinisalo set from 1996-1997. I run it every now and then just for fun.

I also have an ancient Hondaline jersey from the mid 70s. Yellow trunk area, brown (!) sleeves, black "Honda" logo. That one got strange looks at the track this past summer.

I got some early 90s AXO gear...unfortunately stained with blood from day I broke my jaw....and my first helmet....a Bieffe that looks like David Bailey replica... colors anyway

I'm probably going to regret saying this, but I still have and still fit into my HoT Sinisalo set from 1996-1997. I run it every now and then just for fun.

I also have an ancient Hondaline jersey from the mid 70s. Yellow trunk area, brown (!) sleeves, black "Honda" logo. That one got strange looks at the track this past summer.

They have a 96 sinisalo honda of troy jersey on ebay right now that i am watching, that gear is pretty sweet

What's interesting is that "retro" is relative to your age. To me-- 1995 is current! haha! 1986-87 stands out in my mind as "the good ol days" of MX. To me-- THAT'S retro. --L*64

My stuff is from the 70's, 80's and 90's. Guess I still have helmet from the 60's too!

A lot of this stuff I still wear, and have no plans on buying new gear any time soon.
photo-19.jpg
photo-17.jpg
photo-13.jpg
I wore this until this year after a crash.
photo-12.jpg
Tech 4 & Tech 5's
photo-21.jpg
photo-15.jpg
photo-23.jpg
photo-25.jpg
photo-31.jpg

heres some of the gear I still have from when I was younger..
photo-29.jpg
photo-27.jpg
photo-33.jpg

omg Wulf Sport gear. Had a set when I was 8. I loved that crap! Was red.....super sweet..

That and 'Feroce', you guys remember that gear?

I have a few sets of Fox stuff from 94-95 and then Xtreme from 96 97 98ish.. I have tons of Sinisalo from 98 to 03 and I have GS3 from 03 and 04.. I havent really thrown away any gear unless it was literally trash..

Back