2013 KTM 450 factory edition..

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
How pissed would you be if you just bought a ktm 450sxf?? I guess you could answer that once they release a price tag on it. I'm sure its outrageous. Fancy parts, a little weight savings from the case and i think different clutch or something.. mostly about it.

Copied from http://www.dirtrider.com/features/ktm-announces-new-2013-450-sx-f-factory-edition/

<header> [h=1]KTM Announces New 2013 450 SX-F Factory Edition[/h] [h=2]The Factory Edition, will again, be the bike of choice for Red Bull KTM Factory Team rider Ryan Dungey.[/h] By: DR Staff
Thursday, December 6, 2012
</header> <article> 2

Murrieta, CA – It is with great excitement that KTM announces the release of the second generation KTM 450 SX-F Factory Edition motorcycle. The new model has been developed through collaboration with the Red Bull KTM Team and both the US and Austrian based Research & Development Departments. Each special edition model will come with a limited edition sticker that lists a model number for the unit out of the 555 models produced.
The 450 SX-F Factory Edition model was well received by consumers last year after selling out in only a few short months. It received further success after Dungey won the Phoenix Supercross in only the second race of the season and just a few months later when Dungey rode the machine to victory claiming KTM’s first premier class championship in the 450 Motocross Series.
The dedication of the Red Bull KTM Team and R&D department to further push the limits and drive innovation of the new model has led to the significant changes seen on the new 2013 Factory Edition model. In just one year, KTM has already been able to introduce new changes and produce and upgraded model that will again be made available to the public.
While the Factory Edition remains based around the new generation 450cc fuel-injected, single-cam, four-stroke engine that has been tweaked specifically for motocross, the engine cases and clutch cover have been redesigned to minimize weight by removing the kick starter boss to save over 0.5 lbs and further reinforce the effectiveness of KTMs electric start system for racing.
The bike also features a host of chassis upgrades including: orange anodized CNC-machined triple clamps, an orange powder-coated frame, a Salle de Valle seat, an Akrapovic titanium factory silencer, gold Regina racing chain, orange-anodized rear 52T sprocket, black Excel rims, orange radiator and fork protectors, Dunlop GEOMAX MX51 tires, a holeshot device, front brake disc guard and exclusive Red Bull KTM Factory Team blue and orange graphics.
In addition, the bike also has a map switch for easy adjustment of the new ignition curves and an hour meter to help track time between maintenance intervals. Keep your eyes peeled for this bike when it debuts at the opening round of the AMA Supercross Series on January 5, 2013 in Anaheim, CA. Bikes will be available at KTM dealerships in spring of 2013.
</article>
Read more: http://www.dirtrider.com/features/ktm-announces-new-2013-450-sx-f-factory-edition/#ixzz2ENPRk0Pc

Not arguing they are not,the people that follow the brand have a strong following, similar to Harley guys IMO.

But to say they are increasing sales, to me seems like a no brainer. KTM in the last few years has really put themselves on the same level (or higher on some instances) as the jap manufacturers.. where as before, I think many people stayed clear of KTM, many people are now open to them. So yes, I would say they they obviously should be increasing sales.. not because the the industry is booming (its clearly not) but because people are shifting over from other manufacturers.

This year's factory edition is not anywhere near the difference between the stock 450SXF and FE 450 SXF that it was last year. This year's is mostly cosmetic differences that give you the Orange Frame, Orange plastic on the radiator covers and fork guards, Red Bull Graphics, Orange anodized triple clamps (of the same offset), different seat, and silencer.

Last year's bike was a completely different bike between the two.

But it sure does look nice!!!!

Im not too pissed, i really like my 13. from what i understand the retail on the new bike is 9900. that puts the otd around 10,000 assuming that you could get the cost dwon to 9200 or so. tax title etc. thats a good bit more than the stock 13. i may be a bit more upset if i bouight the 12 dungey bike for the same price. there are some new features on this. especially the cases. trying to get the shock and/or pipe off is a pain as it does hit the kick starter boss area. with thtat said, if i had a few extra bucs burning a hole in my pocket?

2 lbs heavier than the stock 450sx-f. Wouldn't you think the "Factory Edition" of all bikes weighs less than stock?

ill tell ya what, the KTM has came a long way in the last decade. Those bikes look awesome now and from what i hear from actual riders (not magazine tests), these bikes are really quite compatible to the Jap bikes... When i start looking for a new 450 next fall, i might start looking at the pumpkins.

That bike looks awesome, Ive been outa the loop for awhile on bikes has ktm fixed the motors? I remember my friends with them years ago blowing them up several times a season.

my last 525 KTM 2006 lasted 5 race seasons changing oil only.
Rock solid. I am sure the smaller 4 strokes require more maint.
Only have 15 hours or so on the 2012 dungey so not a good ref.

That bike looks awesome, Ive been outa the loop for awhile on bikes has ktm fixed the motors? I remember my friends with them years ago blowing them up several times a season.

Wasnt that the 144 they had all the trouble with? They fixed it and renamed it the 150.

Like 15 pounds lighter!!! Ha

This picture is straight off the KTM USA website. The Factory edition boasts an approximate dry weight of 236 lbs while the stock shows 234 lbs. I thought for sure it had to be a typo but if you can't trust the mfg themselves who can you trust. :D

3d8kG.png

The only issue I remember on the 00-06 RFS motors was crank failure after a lot of high RPM operation. The crank halves would actually twist due to loading. Otherwise, as Sharc said, they ran and ran...

The only issue I remember on the 00-06 RFS motors was crank failure after a lot of high RPM operation. The crank halves would actually twist due to loading. Otherwise, as Sharc said, they ran and ran...

I belive most the problems I heard of were 06' 250f's throwing the cranks but not sure if the 450 had the same problem.

Back