Clutch cable too long

KX02

PR Member
Hey guys,

When I switched from the stock clutch lever to an ASV set up I can just barely get the cable tight enough. Is there anyplace local which could shorten my cable?

Buy an aftermarket motion pro. Are you sure your cable is routed correctly? I've never had to change cables to put on asv's

I already bought an MP cable, it was the exact same length as the OEM. I might have to send it back to them, if nobody can shorten it locally...

Yeah I had to max out the adjuster on the cable and the perch. It works OK, but I don't have any room to tighten it up anymore if the cable stretches.

It's not a routing issue. You need to look closely at all parts removed and try to find the difference between them. Is there a chance you were almost out of adjustment before the change? I'm thinking most likely your installed height of the clutch pack is too short. You can either make or buy a spacer for most clutch pressure plates to adjust for differences in installed height. This basically puts the operating lever at the best mechanical advantage angle.

Thanks Wimers, I already resolved the issue. My problem was that the stock clutch lever assembly cable holder was about 3/4'' longer than the ASV, so like I said I had to max out both adjusters to get the cable to work with the ASV. It was not a routing issue or anything like that. I talked to Motion Pro and they had me send both the OEM and the ASV lever to them so they could see the difference. They made a custom length, shorter cable. Works perfect now.

Back