Theft be on lookout

bret151

PR Member
Months ago i had a 2003 cr250 stolen from my truck, this week alone two people i know had theft attempts. So be on lookout and lock em up and copy your vin numbers and such

Months ago i had a 2003 cr250 stolen from my truck, this week alone two people i know had theft attempts. So be on lookout and lock em up and copy your vin numbers and such

Sad to hear! Hope you find it, as well as your buddies! Theft is terrible lately....still looking for my 2011 kx250f and 2006 yz125 :(

GET A JOB!! NO ONE LIKES A THIEF!!

Just insure them TODAY. Www.progressive.com I pay $79 a year for $4000 of after market parts plus a new unit of same model bike owned. let them come and take your stuff and keep yourself out of prison for killing someone. The justice system supports criminals.

id rather go visit the dousche on a regular basis in jail then kill him.

that's the problem Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding. nothing happens when they get caught or even if they get caught. cause and i quoate the cop who investigated my stolen bike."you had insurance right" i said whats that got to do with this? he said well to be honest we really wont investigate or waste our time. i'm like well theres finger prints. he said well i'll dust em but dont get your hopes up. FROM THAT POINT ON I KNEW I WAS ON MY OWN.I DID ALOT OF LEG WORK And INTERNET SEARCH . I FOUND OUT ALOT .names and phone numbers and much more. it's a whole ring going on. they steal bikes and offer to trade for legit things then sell the legit thing. i gave the cops all this info and they said do what you got to do then call us. i'm like ya right. put it this way the the detective, and i use that term losely. didnt even know how to find out information on a public auction that one of these guys in the theft ring bought a yamaha r 6 in cleveland. i did it all on the computer even gave him a vin number to the r6 to look up the info on this guy.theres alot more to the story but you get the jist. so georgie they wont go to jail .all cops want to do is give speeding ticketsw and dui's for revenue

3261d96b65ba2fb6587552147cf51dd8.jpg

If someone is in my house when I'm home they are more than likely getting shot. Most theives will hit you when you're not there. So the best thing to do is insure.

I had my truck stolen in Toledo. They found it wrecked three miles away. Cops don't give two shits about it. They tried to say I was hammered, wrecke it and left the scene. They didn't brush for prints. They dumped the truck off at the impound. There were 3 cans of snuff in the truck and I don't chew. They didn't care. Insurance took it as a total loss. They did nothing except write me a ticket for letting someone else drive t vehicle without a license (which they never investigated who took it) and wrote another for willful or wonton disregard for safety. That was a fun year in court. Wasn't cheap.

Now I've got a question. The bike I have is currently insured through my mom's homeowners insurance. When I purchased the bike, I got a deal on it. The aftermarket wheels, triple clamps, and other goodies almost out weigh the amount I paid for it. If I'm correct, the insurance has on file the amount I paid, not what the bike is actually worth. Is this something that can be adjusted so I have appropriate coverage? I have no recipts for the aftermarket parts that were on the bike previous to my purchase. I do how ever have over another grand of goodies that I put on the bike, and have all the paper work. The reason I explained all that is because I am going to get the parts I bought covered, and before I speak to my mom, I was wondering if you guys knew if I could get existing parts covered too. It would be a shame to have this coverage, lose my bike, and get a check for $300 or something terrible.

With all this talk about stolen bikes, I wake up to the slightest noise during the night now haha.

Would be a good question for your insurance agent and not the interwebs

I was always under the impression that homeowners insurance did not cover vehicles at all. At least that's what state farm told me.

right, im also under the impresssion its not covered under home owners.. however you can add it on as a seperate policy from the same company which might bring rates down for multi policies. but yes definitely just speak to your agent.

Now I've got a question. The bike I have is currently insured through my mom's homeowners insurance. When I purchased the bike, I got a deal on it. The aftermarket wheels, triple clamps, and other goodies almost out weigh the amount I paid for it. If I'm correct, the insurance has on file the amount I paid, not what the bike is actually worth. Is this something that can be adjusted so I have appropriate coverage? I have no recipts for the aftermarket parts that were on the bike previous to my purchase. I do how ever have over another grand of goodies that I put on the bike, and have all the paper work. The reason I explained all that is because I am going to get the parts I bought covered, and before I speak to my mom, I was wondering if you guys knew if I could get existing parts covered too. It would be a shame to have this coverage, lose my bike, and get a check for $300 or something terrible.

With all this talk about stolen bikes, I wake up to the slightest noise during the night now haha.

Buy all your parts again through Motorsport. Then ship them back for a total refund. Keep a copy of your reciept.
I can't imagine homeowners would cover your bike either....

I'm pretty sure it's through Cincinnati. I figured id just throw the question out here in case anyone else had a situation like this. When I find out, I'll try and post an answer

home owners won't cover anything that is titled. also i think you can only insure something that you own...which brings this question if that is in fact true? I have sold many dirtbikes and have always had the title notorized and gave it to the new owner. while at the title office the other day it seems I still have over 20 dirtbikes in my name, most of which I have sold. the new owners did not transfer the title. I just wonder how they are insuring them?

I could insure crutes bike then pay a low life to rip it off. And collect on it. That's messed up but someone could do it.

insurance is funny . now 10 years ago i had a hipoint trailer i use to race jetski's . it was broken into and all my wetsuits were stolen. mind you they didnt touch the toolbox or jetski. but homeowners did cover it. now it's 2012 my cr250 was stolen same insurance comany nothing has changed. they didnt cover my cr under home owners they said i needed a seperate policy. they said since it was in the back of my truck not in a covered enclosure that it wasnt covered. they also said they will cover dirtbikes as long as there not for compeition use. needless to say i laughed.

in 2001 my bikes were stolen. 01 cr 250 and 01 cr 125. before they would pay me they made me sign the title over to them.that was state farm. I now have geico, $99 a year for all of my bikes, they will not let me carry my sons bike on the same policy because it is not in my name.

Back