Last national track announced. Not in Indiana.

From what I unserstand, it's flat as a pancake there. Another supercross track labeled as an outdoor track. I'm not saying Utah is flat, I'm saying the facility where the track will be is flat. I think it shoulda been Mounster Mountain, or somewhere south like that.

I dont get how you can have a place like Glen Helen, or even Steel city and want to instead host a national on a flat piece of ground where the national track is yet to even exist. I guess money talks? But is there even that much money in hosting a national? Seems like about half as many people in attendance now a days than when i went to my first ever national at high point.

My understanding, these are the same people putting on the USGP roadrace. Yes, they have lots of money, and yes they're willing to part with it.

Anyone on here besides me ever been to the Salt Lake Basin in August? It is flat year round. It gets kinda warm there too, what with it being a desert and all. Oh year, no trees either.

This move is about money (TV) and infrastructure. Elsinore part 2.

If they build it right I think it is a good move for the sport. Big money brings more big money. Eventually it will HAVE to flow to the riders. Like is has been said, the privateers need more. As the sport grows the money will flow further down hill. A venue like that will attract more TV coverage and bring us more main stream.

What did they say when the factories started using box vans and paying guys like Marty Smith stupid money ( at that time for our sport) ??? Or when the semi rigs started on the scene? How about the first multi million dollar contract? Im not saying old school out of your truck pro racing wasnt cool but it is the past just as today will be. Is the growth in the wrong direction? I dont feel it is. As much as people want to be bad mouthing the Coombs they have elevated our sport. The fact they made money from it doesnt change things in my opinion.

Wasn't Jon Huntsman the Ex-Governor from Utah that rode MX bikes & was really into SX & MX? I wander if he had anything to do with it,he seemed like a pretty good guy...

"Miller Motorsports Park will construct a permanent purpose-built, national-caliber, motocross circuit in the infield of its road-racing course to host the Utah National. The proximity of Salt Lake City will be very popular with teams and fans, and the ability to use the paddock garages, grandstands and suites at Miller Motorsports Park will be a first for Lucas Oil Pro Motocross"

I can't see a MOTOCROSS TRACK built in the infield ? Oh well, good for economic development in Utah anyways...curious to see layout...definatley thinking a supercross type of motocross track....bet the teams will like using "paddocks" and big sponsors enjoying the "suites"....

I dont get how you can have a place like Glen Helen, or even Steel city and want to instead host a national on a flat piece of ground where the national track is yet to even exist. I guess money talks? But is there even that much money in hosting a national? Seems like about half as many people in attendance now a days than when i went to my first ever national at high point.

No shortage at redbud.

Yeah I don't see how they can fit it in the infield of the road course. It doesn't look like there is any room for a motocross track, unless they make it jump over the road course or something... It should be cool to head to Utah now though!

I can see the Suites and grandstands...no way see a REAL motocross track being built...

miller_500.jpg

WOW.....another STUPID move by the NPG and Coombs family. Did they not learn anything in Texas? I remember when Roy Jansen wanted Kenworthys off the schedule because it had no elevation changes and was a SX track he said.

So many good facilities out there that could hold a national and your going to a virgin location. I just dont get it.

Just my personal opinion, but this sucks ass! Yet another race gone to the west. Really, we have no supercross races and now we lose a national. Really 3 races in anaheim "again!" You can't blame the attendance on the tracks themselves, the tracks are good. When everyone but two possible riders have a shot at winning the 450 race yet alone the class, of course attendance is going to suffer. Of course that doesn't matter to some of us, cuz there was still some awesome 250 racing going on, but to the media mainstream it's a negative. I fear that this will never change and only get worse. Pro motocross racing is a mirror image of our country on a whole. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Maybe I can get free tickets... It belongs to the company(Larry H. Miller Companies) that owns where I work.

All kidding aside, I'm interested in seeing how this pans out. Money was obviously the biggest motivation to go there.

Back