Hard to start

HalfPint

PR Addict
does it have efi? if not try twisting the throttle wide open 5 times before kicking should start 1st or 2nd kick

jsnjthn

PR Member
I had a 08 carbureted yz 450 that if you didnt twist the throttle fully open at least twice before starting it cold it would take nearly 20 kicks to fire. Twist the throttle twice and she almost always started second kick.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I never had any luck kicking pigs violently with lots if force. The least amount force and the smoothest possible kick always seemed to fire up the worst of them! Now my 2 smoke on the other hand loves 1 violent forceful kick and turns over no problem.

beamer315

PR Addict
Some 4 strokes like a twist or two of the throttle. Some don't. And it usually works best to kick slow to TDC then back up and a nice firm fluid kick.

Holmboyz

PR Addict
years ago, PDR taught me the trick of leaning the bike waaay over to the left side to get the gas running out through the carb until you get a little puddle of gas on the ground. I'll then give the bike a 1/4 throttle (if any at all) and she fires right up...1st or 2nd kick.

pasimp57

PR Addict
years ago, PDR taught me the trick of leaning the bike waaay over to the left side to get the gas running out through the carb until you get a little puddle of gas on the ground. I'll then give the bike a 1/4 throttle (if any at all) and she fires right up...1st or 2nd kick.

Apparently 1/4 throttle is what it likes. Thanks.

TCracing

PR Addict
I never had any luck kicking pigs violently with lots if force. The least amount force and the smoothest possible kick always seemed to fire up the worst of them! Now my 2 smoke on the other hand loves 1 violent forceful kick and turns over no problem.

LOL!!! this gal says some funny SNIT some times.