Vet & Vintage Holiday Hangout Party 12/30/12

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
Assuming the world does not end this weekend.......

I am hosting a party at my new compound on Wolff Road in Medina, Sunday December 30th from noon until........?? In addition to hanging out and talking about bikes and general BS-ing, we are also making this a bit of a send-off for Dave Blauman as he is officially retiring from his job with the city of Strongsville on 12/31/12.

In the past, many have got together at my old place and other years at Lagerheads in Medina. This year, you can do both if you choose to as L-heads is only about 2-3 miles from my place.

It is BYOB and we will have snacks etc. for all. Also, bring a folding chair if you want a guaranteed place to plop your azz on. I will have a bunch of vintage bikes out to prompt those memories of how fast we all used to be.....

Gather at the back 50' x 50' shop and there is plenty of parking for all.....drop me a message for directions or to RSVP. Hope to see everyone there!

L8R - Mike

Dang! Can't make it. Flying out of CAK that morning to LAX. Two
days riding in the Mojave with my boy and some friends, a couple
days sight seeing in L.A. after Amy the Wonder Wife arrives,
then Anaheim 1.

Tell Dave congratulations. And he can bite me!

Sorry you missed it mx049.......I am afraid some others almost missed it as well as some punks went on a mail box smashing spree the night before and I had to tie a Moose jersey on the remnants of the mailbox post as a beacon.......

We had a nice turnout of about 25 folks showing up, a few track owners, some current fast guys, some former fast guys, a number of never-was-fast guys, an Ohio MX website owner and many other people of distinction....Mosher gets the long distance award..... To Tom yz360, VLK and any other snow-belt dwellers who got turned back due to weather....there is always next year....thanks for the attempt....

Lots of good conversation, libations, (beenriden deer jerkey!) and laughter to properly break-in the back barn.......

A sincere thanks to all that came and made it a good time!!!!!

Thanks for having us! Always good to see everyone!

I laid down the challenge while there that I want to see you guys ON THE TRACK in 2013 instead of just while having a beer and some pizza.

Thanks for hosting Mike. I had a great time and took a bunch (not all) the jerky home. I really needed the distraction...and miss hangin' with you guys...we need to do it more often at the track, like Pit said. I hope you all have a great New Year. Anyone wanna trade me my 1980 YZ125 for a Penton (so I can join my childhood dream cult) or an RC125 Type II?

=-)

Thanks Mike:great time great people.We'll try to do a vintage day at my place just before the Smith road AHRMA race.

Good time everyone . Thanks mike nice man cave!
Seems like Deer, Beer , guns and then bikes were the topics of choice . You guys are great !
Maybe we should shoot some beer cans from our bikes at the track this summer! LOL.
Had a great time!

....a few candid shots from Sunday.......

photobucket-4455-1357088311266.jpg

Mike,

New place looks very sweet with lots of space for now...LOL...how long until it is full of bikes?

Bummer I could not make it as my back has been real bad lately but will try to catch you next time.

Maico Mark

Back