The Moto: Inside the Outdoors, final episode

I think Dungey is the only guy who could actually be successful in Nascar. The guy is super premeditated! Always has that season-long agenda ahead of the single race agenda.

RC -- wanted to win at any cost, and I think he wasn't human because the crashes he took and walked away from are ridiculous.
JS7 -- Only wants to win, if he doesn't, he doesn't mind quitting for a few weeks training hard and trying to come out swinging again. Only to repeat it all.
CR22 -- Dude wants to win.
RD5 -- Wants to win but won't cross the line, keeps himself from wadding himself up hard and it definitely shows. All those championships. I've criticized him for being to cautious, but really he's still carrying #1 plates and the rest of the guys are getting busted up watching him take the Wins on TV.

I could see Dungey being the new goat.

I just watched episodes 4, 5 and 5 tonight. All very good. Couple things I took from it.......Larry Brooks, really seems like an ass. Not sure why anyone would want to ride for that guy. Baggett and the 250 guys put on one of the best seasons to watch in a long long time. Baggetts chick is pretty hot too. Dungey, well he is just a great kid that has proven his ability with results. True professional, not sure how anyone could not respect him. I look forward to some of these 250 guys stepping up into the 450 ranks. I wish there was a lot of money to be had in the 450 class. It would push the fast guys to move on up. The 450 class could then be stacked, and it would be a blast to watch.

I believe that time and the record books will show Dungey to be one of the all time best . He is definitely one of the smartest as far as his style and career have developed . What I took away from that episode ( and suspected for a while ) is that despite his fast rise to the top and his championships , he lacks a bit of confidence . Racing against your heroes would do that to about anyone ( Well maybe not an Alessi or Stewart . " Did you see Bubba hit that wall ? " . No , but I have seen him hit the dirt and throw away seasons on his own accord . ) . If Dungey would ride with the confidence and aggression that RV and the Goat have shown, he would be even more of a force to be reckoned with . Then again that might lead to more injuries and shorten his career . I have a great deal of respect for RD and even more for his mentor , Roger Decoster ( Hmmm , both are RD's .) .

Back