property taxes?

How about this BS? Maybe I'm the dumb one that didn't know it.
I live in Medina County, Buckeye School District. In November 2012 the Buckeye School Levy passed, so I knew my taxes would go up in 2013 by a significant amount.

Property taxes are payed in arrears, meaning right now I'm paying taxes for first half of 2012. But, yep, the huge increase for the school levy is on the bill! I called them to ask about it and the answer was "well that's just how it's done...."

Get ready for it.
One of the pitfalls of living in a virginal rural area that transitions toward suburbia during your stay. That area still needs all kinds of money for creating the services needed for its bulging populace.

the pitfalls of living in a virginal rural area that transitions toward suburbia during your stay. That area still needs all kinds of money for creating the services needed for its bulging populace.

Urban Sprawl.

Brings up an old aggrivation of mine as well. I've lived in Heath for 25 years now, always like the city, and that it had a lot to offer for a small city. But the moto of the newer city management has been "City of Growth". And they have grown significantly.

But with the growth has come costs. They've added a boatload of new housing over the years, and allowed a pretty large trailer park to open on the outskirt of town. Wasn't long and we were in need of new schools, and a new satellite fire department, and it goes on and on. Up went our tax's.

Back