Pit Racer Mobile App?

JIMBO_K_721

PR Member
Kinda new to the posting side of the forum but been reading for a few months now and love it. Just was wondering if you guys had ever thought of creating an iPhone and or other media device application to make your site/forum more mobile capable/friendly. Opening my phones internet browser and typing in the web address for Pit Racer, zooming in to click the link or page I want to see, and then zooming in again and sliding my screen constantly to read the entire thread title and or post contents are just steps that make me want to just wait til I get home that evening to interact with the site. I'm sure somebody has mentioned it or thought about it along with the pros and cons. I was just posting out of curiosity to see if its something that had been mentioned before.

I myself would love to see an app just for the sole purpose of being interested in and wanting to read what people are saying and posting throughout the entire day. I think it would also "up" the number of posts and site traffic throughout the entire work week too not only in the forum are but in the albums and other areas of the site as well. Living in a new day and age where people are on there phones and or devices constantly during work, school and (obviously NOT suggested but) in there cars or trucks its not by any means necessary but generally suggested to have mobile capabilities for most businesses. I think updates, views and any other types of posts would increase dramatically. Whether it be track updates, race or practice updates along with general industry comments questions and concerns, they all could be easier and quicker read and or respond. Personally if there were an app staring at me on my home screen that knew was constantly updated with other users insight, suggestions, suggestions etc.. I would more than likely click on it several times daily in down time just to see what's going on.

Again as I said earlier I was just curious as to if this had ever been brought up or discussed and thought I'd just throw out a few things I thought about the idea. This site/forum really is amazing! Though I have only just recently this past summer became a part of the Moto/ATV - Industry/Family and am still learning exactly what to do on a dirt bike in general...I still am a consumer in it and really enjoy reading, seeing and experiencing the whole entire atmosphere daily.

This may just be me and only me thinking its a good idea but either way I figured I'd bring it up to see what the thoughts and situations were regarding the idea. The ability to be at a practice track and or race and simply just pull out my phone take a picture and share it on the site whether it be on a thread or in a personal album alone would be awesome along with showing other users what the track and conditions are looking like and who's there riding could really work in favor for tracks both attendance, general interest and or exposure as well. IDK though I think that it being an IDEA as of right now could only leave the door of opportunities open for suggestions and or criticism for riders, spectators, and general public that are interested. FOOD FOR THOUGHT that's all.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL
JIMBO

It exists..

Scroll down to bottom left, open drop down menu and select Default Mobile Styles under Mobile Styles.

Well that answers my question as far as mobile friendly... Yeah as stated previous I'm new to this stuff! Sorry for wasting your time! But outside of that the idea of an "APP" regardless of this awesome and much better mobile view. Thank you so much by the way!!

Back