Hurricane Sandy Cars

"Some worry that the deal is a case of short-term gain, long-term pain because, environmentalists said, the thousands of vehicles that will be on site for six to 12 months could leak oil, gasoline and other chemicals into the groundwater."

Seriously? Damn ecofreaks! They are going to leak where ever they sit, at least the petroleum products that leak will soak into the petroleum based asphalt runway that contaminated the water tables when they built it!

Not to mention all the roads built to get there.....

Some of those cars will someday end up on little car lots here and there. Becareful what you buy.

I think these vehicles should have to be required to show a salvage title. Just to protect consumers on down the line.
I went with my son last summer, to look at a 2005 or 06 Civic last summer, Car looked descent till you started looking close. Struts were nearly rusted out of the shock towers wiring was really starting to look bad, Startd to suspect it was a flood damaged Auto and confirmed sand in nitty gritty areas in the cowel and hood hinge area. Unfortunately someone surely bought it. And you know the engine and drive train are contaminated so its a time bomb. BUYER BEWARE, I wonder if this info comes up on Carfax?

If the insurance company pays to total the car it will show on the title. If it is not a total loss it depends if it is reported if not it will not show in carfax.

Back