Yz450 vs other 450's

#23_Racing

PR Addict
Ready to buy a 450 but really not sure what route to go, righ now my son is a yz250f and was thinking about the YZ450 but I have heard very good things about the honda what are some pro's and con's between the 450's?

Does not matter, pick his favorite color. ALL the bikes are much better than he or anyone else on pitracer ride. So any of the bikes are plenty good enough for him.

I have had the good fortune to have a 12 YZ450. I have rode a 12 KTM Dungey 450 at BC this summer. This fall one day I rode the 13 RMZ and the CRF 450's. A few weeks ago I was blessed in riding a 13 KXF at Dublin Gap. That covers the top 5 bikes. I guess you could throw the Husaburg and Husky in there but oh well.

They ALL are great bikes. I like different things about each one. The best thing you could do is ride them all at the same track day and see which is most comfortable for HIM. Other than that you cant really go wrong.

IMO my 2 cents...

suzuki - turning is amazing, everything else is just decent (im currently riding a 13)
honda - overall good package, feels real light, nothing extremely stands out though, handles very well. air forks, PITA. really liked this and would have bought it had it not had the air forks...
kawi - strong motor.. air forks PITA. always was told these suit bigger riders better.
ktm - strong motor, good overall package.. some people still think KTMs feel weird but i dont feel that way...
yz - havent rode a 4 stroke yz since like an 06.. so idk. theres plenty of people that love them.

Back