If JS7 stayed with Kawasaki...

Toddco327

PR Addict
After seeing his less than stellar performance this weekend and although RV crashed 3 times he still made a huge charge multiple times. The question is do you think if Stewart stayed with Kawasaki would he have been better than he currently is. If you just look at the teams that Mitch Payton builds year after year the answer should be yes.

Look at Martin Davoles, he won his heat and rode great. RV has been a force for a few years now. Baggett, Hanson (when he was on the team). So based off of a few past riders and their positive standings could JS7 been the next Ricky? If he didnt switch bikes and teams every few years would that have helped.

Another example is Barcia. He has been Hondas golden boy for years! Now look at him, this past weekend he showed that he is a front running rider (even though he crashed)

Im an thinking that had Stewart just stayed with Kawasaki and rode for Payton and not worried about the money and cars as much as winning he may have been the GOAT.... just a thought.

Davalos is a heat race hero. Now he should be able to get holeshots with mp powerhouse between his legs. And do we really gotta start another thread on stew?!

I think Kawi suited JS well but they didn't have plans for stewart in the future plus they didn't like his attitude. I can't believe people haven't given up on him more often. He can go a whole off season with no issues and once he's in race mode he goes down and is out for months. He seems to collect a paycheck for doing for sitting on the sidelines and and watching from afar. I don't know how many people can still be fans of his since he never performs when it counts.

Im little more concerned for Villipoto at this point....Is he gonna make it this season without major injury. James has been racing awhile, if he gets hurt and is done, well he is old in Mx years. Poto is in his prime....not good.

Im an thinking that had Stewart just stayed with Kawasaki and rode for Payton and not worried about the money and cars as much as winning he may have been the GOAT.... just a thought.

Would he have done better? I would say most likely. Would he be the GOAT? Probably not so much. Lets keep our feet on the ground here!

Now RD actually has the potential to surpass some of RC's recods... EXCEPT that ONE!!! Career overall! That will stand for decades.

RD is good but he just doesnt have the killer instinct in him to be one of the all time greatest guys. He will win lots and be in the record books but he needs to get pissed when he doesnt win.

Would he have done better? I would say most likely. Would he be the GOAT? Probably not so much. Lets keep our feet on the ground here!

Now RD actually has the potential to surpass some of RC's recods... EXCEPT that ONE!!! Career overall! That will stand for decades.

What if RD races as long as winham?

If Stewart ever wants to be a champion again he will have to wake up from his dream and back into reality. Dude has natural talent but no stamina.

What if RD races as long as winham?

I guess it isn't out of the realm of possibility but I think very unlikely. Even if he did run as long as Kdub. There is a whole lot more competition now and he already has his hands full, 8 more years and he'll be in the booth getting interviewed by RC...

Bubba is fast.....for a lap in practice. Not being on the track and I believe not working as hard in the off season keeps him off the level of RV RD and CR. He is too busy living the lifestyle around Orlando.

Stewart never rode for Payton in the first place, even on 125's/250's. He recorded the fastest lap in practice then hurt his knee in a corner. Not sure how being on a different color bike would have made any difference in that instance. As far as career goes, who knows what would have happened. I think he would be exactly where he is. Fast, but prone to crash.

I know the GOAT thing is going to be almost impossible to beat but if he would have maybe stayed with Kawasaki and went to Mitch's team i have a feeling Mitch would have groomed him properly. He would have been fast and prone to crash anyway but maybe a little smarter. It seemed like with every other team he was able to do as he pleased.

Stewart never rode for Payton in the first place, even on 125's/250's. He recorded the fastest lap in practice then hurt his knee in a corner. Not sure how being on a different color bike would have made any difference in that instance. As far as career goes, who knows what would have happened. I think he would be exactly where he is. Fast, but prone to crash.

I know he didnt race with Mitch to start out but as factory teams started to disolve and satalite teams grew he would have easily went over to Pro Circut. And yes being on a different color bike wont matter for that one instance but would it have mattered over a carreer? Would he have gained maybe more from riding one brand from another. Bike set up, power, suspension. An example is the Yamaha riders... how many people are riding those? 2. Stewart didnt have sucess on those, Millsaps didnt. Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki are your 3 brands that are leaders. So what I am saying is that to switch every 1-2yrs from team to team cant be good. Although you have natural talent how good are you really going to be when your always changing your set up.

Yes I think Stewart would have been better off to just stay on Kawasaki. But, remember - he did win the SX title in 2009 on a Yamaha.

Look at Carmichael - he switched bike brands from Kaw to Honda to Suzuki and won on all of them.

An example is the Yamaha riders... how many people are riding those? 2. Stewart didnt have sucess on those, Millsaps didnt. Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki are your 3 brands that are leaders. So what I am saying is that to switch every 1-2yrs from team to team cant be good. Although you have natural talent how good are you really going to be when your always changing your set up.

I beg to differ on this point. When Milsaps scored a second overall last season on a Yamaha in the SX season, it was his highest finishing position EVER in the series. Saying that he didn't do well on the Yamaha is just plain not true as evidenced by his finishes last year. JS7 and the Yamaha never quite got along, but Milsaps looked good on it along with many others, and it's not the bike at that level. The bikes can be set up to feel like any of the other bikes and James is not good at setting up his suspension to keep himself from going on his head on any brand. Watch over the years on all of his bikes and he runs the rebound way too fast in the rear and the minute there is any hiccup on the track...... it's over the bars. People bag on the Yamaha but there are plenty of riders out that that make that bike work well and do well on it.

Stewart wasn't going to catch RC on any brand ever, he's too injury prone to have the same staying power that RC had. This comes down to genetics that he can't do anything about. Some guys have the bone structure and bone density that makes it hard to get hurt because they just don't break, like RC. Others have bones that break easily and every trip to the ground results in big injuries and time off the bike, like Robbie Reynard. Their speed on the track induces hard crashes and if you can't get up and get back on the bike almost all of the time like RC did, you're not going to catch him in the record books because you'll have too much time on the couch recovering from injuries while RC was out winning races. Stewart obviously doesn't have the bone structure or bone density that RC had and that is what keeps him from nearing RC on the records list.

Back