Revival of the stolen bikes

kawasaki304

PR Member
**REBUILD THREAD**
Well as promised, i said i would start a build thread to cover all the Reconstructing of my 2 stolen bikes that were recently found. As of right now, they said i can pick them up Friday if all goes well. So I have already began ordering replacement parts for both bikes, and looks like most of it will be here Friday also. So i may even have these things back up to 80% or so before the weekend is over. So far i have ordered (2011 Kx250f): Front number plate, Shroud graphics, Air Filter and number backgrounds. For the (2006 Yz125): Clutch lever, Air filter, Chain(which will go on the 250 if it needs it, and ill grab another for the 125). So, this is the beginning.....Biggest thing will be getting them clean, I'm sure i will be washing for at least 4 hours Friday, if not more! But i will keep you guys/girls updated from the time i pick them up Friday....including details, and pictures as the process begins. Glad they will finally be back home, where they are taken care of!!

Here are the pics again, from the evidence building on Monday....
IMG_8841.jpg

IMG_8809.jpg

Unless the motors are about to blow they don't look too bad in general....
It could def be much worse, that's for sure! Like I said, worst thing right now is how dirty. But no I think overall they will be just fine. Few new parts and some man hours. I did fire both of them up when I went to verify, and both sounded good. (250f only had 1.7 hours on a fresh rebuild when stolen) but I didn't let them run long. Want to get fresh filters, oil, oil filters, maybe even coolant in them before letting them run much.

Hey man as far as getting them clean, look into this... first, pressure wash and simple green the bikes... yeah im sure thats not new info.

Next, go out and buy "Dura gloss 851 aluminum wheel cleaner". get your bike as clean as possible, and spray this stuff on all cast aluminum parts (it wont hurt other parts). be careful to spray from bottom, up, and to get very good coverage or else you can streak. let it foam up a while and pressure wash off. this stuff has acid in it, so wear rubber gloves, in a well ventillated area... watch out to not get mist in your eyes.

this aluminum cleaner will get your cast parts (frame, triple clamps, motor, tranny, linkage, hubs) amazingly clean. your stuff will turn almost white, like a new casting.

http://www.duragloss.com/22-oz.---Duragloss-AC-(Aluminum-Cleaner---Brightner)

safe for painted stuff

Hey man as far as getting them clean, look into this... first, pressure wash and simple green the bikes... yeah im sure thats not new info.

Next, go out and buy "Dura gloss 851 aluminum wheel cleaner". get your bike as clean as possible, and spray this stuff on all cast aluminum parts (it wont hurt other parts). be careful to spray from bottom, up, and to get very good coverage or else you can streak. let it foam up a while and pressure wash off. this stuff has acid in it, so wear rubber gloves, in a well ventillated area... watch out to not get mist in your eyes.

this aluminum cleaner will get your cast parts (frame, triple clamps, motor, tranny, linkage, hubs) amazingly clean. your stuff will turn almost white, like a new casting.

http://www.duragloss.com/22-oz.---Duragloss-AC-(Aluminum-Cleaner---Brightner)

I have a ttr-125 I recently bought, it has some dirt stains on the motor and the hubs, can I use this to clean that stuff up w/o hurting the factory finish on the hubs and motor? what about th painted frame??

Umm I'm not sure about paint. I have no paint on my cr. I don't think it will hurt it though. The acid reacts with the bare aluminum. It will clean any castings like your motor, hubs, etc... Those things don't really have a coating on them.

Either way, I always wd 40 any bare metal pieces that I wash with that, hit it with a scotch brite pad, and you're good to go.

That stuff also melts off any stains, rust, heat coloring, etc from a factory finish pipe. Mine is shiny light grey right now because if it.

Few goodies showed up today, should have a couple more things tomorrow...hopefully. As well as picking up the bikes in the morning, unless i hear otherwise.

IMG_4606.jpg

Congrats on getting the bikes back. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that happens too often.

Man that woulda been a gold mine to get back and your insurance check. How bad is the yz tweaked? Looks like the a hole looped her out.

Haha yeah, wouldn't that be nice! Hopefully AT LEAST get some money out of them for repairs...hopefully more than that! And not sure on the yz yet, ill know today. Going to pick them up in a couple hours. Ill have a bunch of before and after pics later on today. Stay tuned!

Yea Georgie.... I knew it was curled up, just didn't know what all was wrong. Got the bikes today...they managed to break the rear fender, and BEND the seat pan....(little time bending it back, and she looks pretty good) Needs a new rear fender, then that area should be good to go. Uploading pics now! I must say, took me from 10:30 am this morning, until just getting as far as these pics 15 mins ago. LOL so yes, it literally took ALLL DAYY!!! Ill let you guys see the progress for yourselves...Stay tuned for pics!

Back