13 rmz 450

jfalat

PR Addict
Whats a good hour meter for the suzuki...i see on the 13 it has one built in, but our you guys still adding one or getting the test light from suzuki to plug into the ecm? also i was looking to get a taller seat but most web site only go up to 2009... are the seats the same on the bikes?

Thanks John... going to order one up...this new bike is costing me money...going to have to get springs next... any one have the new fork apart? i read it takes a spring compressor to get it apart...

race tech says .10 or 1.0 not sure how that reads for the fork spring for me... i looked a couple times but there is not much out now for 230# rider...Sharc you do anything to your forks? i may just drop my stuff off at copper smith and get them revalved for my fat a$$...

At 230 # you may be the IDEAL weight for the 13 RMZ …Ha! I’m not kidding!
Stock is 1.0 Kgf/mm in the front and 5.7 Kgf/mm in the rear.

What I have found so far is …..In stock trim the 13 RMZ is very balanced.

Stock, I found I could plow into things with reckless abandon…. The sandy whoops at Malvern, the new rhythm section at Smith Rd….ect. The bike just sucks it all up with hardly a bounce. Truly amazing…. Best balanced bike I’ve ever ridden…!!! In the really big, nasty sections it was a dream.
Unfortunately, my pitiful 165 Lb’s is not enough to keep the big girl loaded in the turns so I struggle around the track.

All the reviews of my bike that you have read about, how much of a handful it is, have been after I moved away from the stock settings.

Eric at SRS and I have been working together to find a set-up that retains the great stock RMZ balance yet lets it settle in the turns for my panty-ass. It’s a work in progress.

We’ve tried .95 in front and a 5.5 rear with some softer valving and it’s still too firm for me.
I’m in the process of going to .90 in front and 5.2 on the rear while leaving the valving as we have it now.

At your weight…..I’d try the stock stuff……ride it at least 5-10 hrs before changing anything. I loved the action of the suspension.. (if I only weighed more to keep it in the turns) The single spring in fork takes a little longer to break in (it’s twice as stiff). The SFF has tons of setting options with the adjustable pre-load. Click it a few times, it makes a pretty big difference on front to rear balance, how the bike initiates turns and how the front wheel sticks.
<O:p

Thanks Sharc...I really appreciate the in put.. i will put taller bars and a seat on it try it...i have not rode a 4 stoke in 3 or 4 years so it going to a learning curve for me coming off the 2 strokes... cant wait to get some good weather...

OK.. got the bike cleaned up and went over everthing from breaking her in last week...one thing i am not sure about is checking oil level on this bike... ran the bike for a few minutes and then pulled out the clutch cover bolt. oil poured out! the manual make it seem like you should let the oil drain down to the bolt hole level and then your good... not sure if this is right...whats the right way to check the oil level?

Back