How many guys are into cars/drag racing?

FERGYMOTO

PR Addict
Just curious how many members here are. I started taking my street car to the track when I was 17 and that became more frequent and motocross became less frequent over the years, and ultimately I ended up getting an actual race car and getting serious about it. I kept my bike around for a long time since, riding anywhere from 1-5 times a year for fun. Last week I used it as a partial trade on a 68 Firebird to fix up so I could have a street car to hang on to. So I guess I closed that chapter. It was a bummer, but it felt right. I can always get another bike.

What prompted this topic, is that in drag racing I have met a fair amount of people that at one time raced motocross. Those same people often were into street cars, snowboarding, snowmobiling, etc which have been interests of mine in the past and present. Funny how it's almost like we are a type of people, as we have all been into a lot of the same stuff.

So who's into fast cars?

2011_06_05_0377.JPG

IMG_6415.JPG

Never got into drag racing though. The top car has 550 RWHP

The 93 Cobra is stock.

I just like to cruise around in them when I have time.

So who's into fast cars?

Who isn't?!

I've never raced cars but I've been into them as long as I can remember. My Dad had a new '68 350 Firebird convertible about the same time I was riding my first minibike. My '65 Triumph Herald and '76 Civic aren't fast but they are plenty fun. My daily driver is a WRX and it's sort of fast. :)

My dad was the NHRA tech advisor and ran the race programs at Norwalk in 1968-72. I was 6-10 years old and spent nearly every Friday and Saturday watching cars go straight. I got to see Art Arfonze and Don Garlits live and up close then along with a ton of names that later went on to stardom. I always liked drag cars but never had the skills or money to hop one up and race even though I would have loved to.

Today my drag racing memories get revisited on Speed and thats about it.

Did it a few times with my 93 Mustang that I used to have. Big fan of the 60s Super Stock Racing.

Tommy Becketts Mustang is pretty badass.

Drag car/ muscle car is definitely in my list of things to acquire before I'm 35.

Back