Getting some Titanium tomorrow but not exactly where I wanted it as it is not for a bike...

mx049

PR Elite
Only 1 day to go until surgery as I am finally getting my lower back fixed thru surgery.
Having L-4, L-5 & S-1 fused with graph, rods & screws.

Getting the trick Titanium rods & screws so that sounds better than stainless steel!

Guess I am a little nervous about it but am way past the point of needing it done
After 3-1/2 years & 2 cars wrecks on the way home from work is was time to do something as the
pain was getting unbearable. Plus I could hardly do anything & sitting at work was pure torture.

Wish me luck as I have screws in my ankle that did not feel very good for a long time, imagine
the back is going to hurt a lot worse but hopefully this will do the trick & can get back to a
somewhat normal lifestyle. (Race again one day...who knows?)

After 40 years of riding & 35 years of racing mx would have never guessed in a million years auto accidents
would sideline me from racing. Go figure that one.

Maico Mark

Good Luck Mark, hope your recovery goes faster and less painful than expected and can get back to the better side of life soon! Good to hear the hope that things are looking brighter already!

Good luck! Just got a new lower control arm and ball joint myself in December! (Hip replacement) No exotic parts but at least it's not the recalled one the lawyers advertise on Jerry Springer! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

We are all gonna need hip replacements, knees, back surgery..........beating up our bodies for so many years. Good luck with the surgery. Hopefully by summer you feel like a new man.

Hope it all goes well!
Hey one of my customers had both knees replaced and was up and walking better than ever in two weeks!
No limp, little swelling but incredible..Stay positive and take care. And get back to work and buy a machine already!! haha.

Take it easy. Heal up. And press that pca pain pump as much as you can in the hospital. Stay way ahead of the pain and it'll get better. You can't overdose on the pump it locks you out! So press away.

Pulling for ya Mark! Let us know how it is going. Do you get speed channel in there? If not I can bring you some good ols supercross DVD s . We will be praying for ya tommorrow. Be sure to go easy on the Nurses...

Be sure to ask for your daily sponge bath........well you might not want to if your nurse looks like Georgie..........if thats the case ask for a new nurse. That has me wondering now......I bet Georgie likes giving guys sponge baths at work....now that's gay!

Thanks everyone & if they don't have Speed I will sneak off....ok wishful thinking.

I am always very calm on the day of surgery & can't wait to be restored like we do to the old bikes.

As far as the sponge bath or shave I always get someone who does not excite me or anyone else for that matter so maybe will get lucky this time!
George, stay away...LOL!

If all goes well may be able to race again one day but that will be a few years off as I plan to live pretty risk free for a few years.

Rode the 76 Maico 250 in the driveway last fall as it had sat for 2 years & it reminded me of where I want to be.

Sold most of the bikes off but still have a 83 Maico 250 to restore & my daughter's 79 CR 125 Honda that we plan to sell as
she has not ridden it in almost 2 years. She gave up after the 10 years as dad's factory ride ended as I did everything including
loading, unloading, bike prep & cleaning up everything by myself.

We still have 4 bikes as I picked up a sweet Suzuki DR 400S off bennridin last fall so will hopefully be able to ride it late this summer or fall.

Catch you in a few days,
Maico Mark

Made it home yesterday afternoon, up & moving very slowly but that is a good thing as they want me to walk a lot
so trying to cruise around the first floor in our house the best I can.

The entire staff at Medina General Hospital were great & very caring which helps a lot when you are the patient.

One disc (L-5) was broken loose worse than it looked on the MRI so that was why I was having so much pain before
and the doctor fused the 3 disc as originally planned.

Have a ways to go recovery wise but my doctor said surgery was very successful so that was great to hear.

Had Dilaudid in the pain pump after surgery so did not feel much pain until switching over to oral medication but
they have given me enough to keep thing under control pretty well.

Maico Mark

Thanks for the update, glad you are at home recovering. Hope it all goes well for you and gets you back to a life without constant pain!

Back