rmz450 oil pump strainer clean?

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
How often should this be changed?Manual doesnt really specifcy it. The strainer underneath the shifter is easy to get to but to pull the magneto cover and the oil pump out, wtf?

is that something that needs routinely done?

I checked mine with about 10hrs on the bike. It was perfectly clean.
The little one with the magnet gets pretty dirty….I’ve cleaned that one three times now.

How could anything be dirty, you haven't wore the paint off the clutch cover yet? that thing is surgical clean. Explains why we never see you and that Suzuki in the mud.:)

well im right at 10 and in a hurry, so i guess for now it will wait until next oil change!

was it tricky to get it off? it sounds like its just a mtter of a few bolts for the magneto cover and then 2 bolts for the pump cover and a circlip?

Also, that little clip that goes in the strainer by the shifter (the 2 that hold in the magnet) are my eyes that bad or is there not really any specific place for it? the manully makes it look like it should clip into a specific spot but i didnt see anything. i guess it hasnt came out yet so its probably fine but.. i get nervous!

Back