AHRMA - Gatorback Cancelled, Replaced with Reddick

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Cross Country and Trials are NOT rescheduled.

AHRMA is thrilled to announce that the cancelled Gatorback PVMX and VMX events will be replaced by MX of Marion County in Reddick, FL on March 9-10, 2013.The CC and Trials events originally scheduled for March 8, 2013 at Gatorback will not be rescheduled.
MX of Marion County is one of the finest motocross facilities in the Southeast. The facility has a beautiful, and large pit area that is all grass. There are large oak trees for shade, and the spectators are in for a treat, with grandstands and a view of every inch of the track.
Full event information will be published on the AHRMA website under the event calendar and results section as soon as possible.
Information on the off road banquet will be published in the near future.
Online signup for this event will be ready early in the week of February 11, 2013

http://dev.ahrma.org/?p=5096

There is a chance I will be racing there on Sunday 2/17 for a LL Qualifier. If I do, I will ask them what they do for Vintage racing.

AHRMA raced there in 2002....it was a pretty cool track then. It had some huge hole that you jumped down into, made a right at the bottom and jumped back out of.........

Maybe I liked it more because my trusty 1974 CR125 Elsinore and I won my class......I think Troyan won his class as well that day.....

There was a long straight along a stand of trees with some jumps on it that were basically ramps......I remember watching a guy come off one of those jumps and as the suspension rebounded, the fork lowers and front wheel came of the bike in mid-air, leaving just the upper tubes sticking out from the triples........the resulting lawn dart landing catapulted him off the bike. I don't recall if he was taken by squad or lifelight from the track but it was one hell of a violent crash. Rumor around the pits later was that he had drilled some "trick" new holes in the damper rods over the winter and possibly did not reassemble using loctite on the damper bolt upon reassembly......

......I remember watching a guy come off one of those jumps and as the suspension rebounded, the fork lowers and front wheel came of the bike in mid-air, leaving just the upper tubes sticking out from the triples.........

WOW! I thought that only happened in fever dreams...

I remember that, he just passed me and I remember him doing the starfish as his bike augerd into the ground.

I remember that, he just passed me and I remember him doing the starfish as his bike augerd into the ground.

What? Someone actually passed the mighty Hooska?

Whats been up Z? Come out of hiding and stop by the new casa sometime....nozzle...

Back