Trans oil or lube....Yamaha MX360

Anyone have any input on which type of trans oil or lube to use on an 1974 MX 360. I once heard of guys using "F" type automotive trans fluid.....

I run Alisyn synthetic 10w30 in my 360's. I use Alisyn synthetic premix too at 50/1. I run that in all my bikes and stuff.

I change the the trans fluid in my vintage bikes A LOT . Oil isn't cheap these days but vintage bike parts can be hard to find and $$$ . Tried just straight , automotive "F" trans fluid but was not happy with it . Did some research and read a lot of threads on vintage forums . Now I buy a gallon of straight 30 wt. non-detergent oil from Tractor Supply Center and mix it with one quart of "F" auto trans fluid . I'm very pleased with the lubrication , wear , and shifting of my bikes with this combo and it is much more economical than the motorcycle varieties of trans fluids . TSC also sells a tractor hyd/trans fluid that I will use if they happen to be out of the 30 wt. . It works very well also but seems " thicker " and makes shifting seem slightly sluggish until after a couple of rides .

I had the best luck with no clutch slippage in the Maico's using regular Valvoline motorcycle oil.

We use 20/50 in the Maico & 10/40 in the Honda.

Can get it at auto part stores like Autozone & the cost is very reasonable.

All bikes are different so try a few oils to see what works best for yours as far as shifting & clutch action.

Back