Faast Co Flex Bars

Spagina

PR Elite
I just bought a 2013 CRF 450. So far i love the bike but the suspension is pretty rough on the small chop. I still have some settings to work out, and plan on doing a re-valve.

Would flex bars help? I felt the harshness of all the small chop in the palm of my hands. My hands actualy hurt today after riding on sunday. I just didnt know if anyone ever used them, and if they will help out.

I just bought a 2013 CRF 450. So far i love the bike but the suspension is pretty rough on the small chop. I still have some settings to work out, and plan on doing a re-valve.

Would flex bars help? I felt the harshness of all the small chop in the palm of my hands. My hands actualy hurt today after riding on sunday. I just didnt know if anyone ever used them, and if they will help out.

For sure. Flexx bars eliminate a bunch of the little stuff on an ATV. I will never ride without them again, they are a must one a quad anyway.

Jarred “Jet” Browne was running a set of them in San Diego and they snapped at the mount. He and Blose got together in the whoops and both went down. When he picked the bike up the bars were split. Scary stuff! Probably a fluke but makes you think twice.

I ran flexx bars for a couple years and used to sell them on here.
When I first started using them I loved them and swore by them. I also think that they helped prevent a couple of wrist injuries.

Then I rode a bike without them and I liked the way it felt and never got used to my flexx bars again.

I cant see "needing them" as much on a bike. If you put the flex bars on and the bike feels way better, you got major fork problems.

that must have been a freak accident, flexx bars are way beefier than any other bars i have seen, i have crash tested them a few times, never bent anything. You would break the hinge bolts before you broke the bars I would think.

I have really roached wrists and my hands will go numb pretty fast from vibration. I rode a bike with flexx bars...bought a set and that was a huge improvement. Takes a lot of strain off the fugged tendons and once you get used to them you forget they even flex...

I had a set for a while, It does make the bike feel alittle more plush. The issue I had with these bars, is the movement in the bar is not controlled enough. Straight line no problem, leaned over in a rut, you are fighting the left and right bars individually. In any smaller bumpy sections the bars get very busy. I raced a few harescrambles with them and the rocks and ruts were smoother, but you couldn't feel exactly what the bike was doing. Just my opinion.

I had a set for a while, It does make the bike feel alittle more plush. The issue I had with these bars, is the movement in the bar is not controlled enough. Straight line no problem, leaned over in a rut, you are fighting the left and right bars individually. In any smaller bumpy sections the bars get very busy. I raced a few harescrambles with them and the rocks and ruts were smoother, but you couldn't feel exactly what the bike was doing. Just my opinion.

They make different elastometers that allow different firmness settings, my set has the rebound elastometers on the outside too. I used to like the super soft ones, but switched to red becuase felt what you were feeling chris. They have some white ones which are supposed to be stiffer than red. I havent tried those yet.

Thanks for the info guys. For now i think ill just try to work out the kinks in my suspension, and get a revalve. If i put some money into that and still feel like i need flex bars, then yeah i probably have bigger issues. Hopefully thats not the case! i wish i could try some out without spending a million bucks on them

Spagina, Did you touch your suspension yet? I Have the 13 Honda and the suspension feels really good to me. I have not touched the rear sag from stock, the front air pressure is at 34lbs all the clickers are at stock except I added 2 comp to the rear. I think the 13 susp. is better then my 12, and I had that feeling really good. How much time do you have on your bike? I wouldn't touch anything from stock until you have atleast 8 to 10 hrs the bike. Just my opinion.

I dont have much time on the bike at all, maybe im just getting ahead of myself. I honestly have about 1.2 hours on it, MAX. I talked to my suspension guy and he gave me some settings to start with, and it seems like they are a little off now that i have talked to some people. I have 30Lbs in the forks, so maybe im riding too low in the stroke. I didnt set the sag yet but i did set the clickers to where he said.

Ya, 30 is way to low. Are you using the suspension pump? Using a regular tire pump and gauge is no good! Your air pressure was definitely putting you to low in the travel, give it some time I think you will like it.

Ya, 30 is way to low. Are you using the suspension pump? Using a regular tire pump and gauge is no good! Your air pressure was definitely putting you to low in the travel, give it some time I think you will like it.

Do a search for mountain bike air pump on ebay, gotta have one of those. Thats what we use for the ATV air shocks. Fox makes a guage but they nail you for it, better to get one on ebay. Make sure its the low pressure one; 0-150psi.

Okay great, i was wondering how people get so accurate when doing it. when i got to the track the forks only had 25 psi, from the shop.. so i had to use an air tank to put some in, and it went up to about 37 where i lowered it down with the same technique you would on a tire.. but it just didnt feel accurate. it made me think of something id like to make, a 3 way bleeder valve. valve stem sticks out the side for easy access, a bleeder on top for quickly releaving pressure, and then it screwes in like normal bleeders. but with a mountain bike pump it looks like i dont have to do all that haha.

ill get one of those, raise the pressure up, and see how i like it. riding that low in the stroke would for sure take me out of that plush area and into the stiff part of the stroke. i am 200 lbs without gear, also. thats at the gym with shoes and shorts on. think the rear spring is good for my weight? i am a very plush feel guy... id rather have a plush, woods feeling bike, and bottom out if i case a jump than having a stiff bike thats great on big hits but you feel all the little stuff... that was a slight exageration, but you get what im saying.

Stephen, try 35psi, 12 comp, 12 reb. Set your air and don't mess with it play with comp, and reb. If you don't like the feel, next ride day go 34 or 36 and start over at 12 and 12 you'll find yourself within 3 rides, but don't play with the air daily. Don't be so tight, Factory Connection will hook those forks up for around 300.

Back