Ryno has broken back

Elliott4179

PR Addict
From twitter:

Earlier today the following was Tweeted from Ryan Hughes' Twitter account:
"Ryan had a hard crash today and broke T3 & T4...he has movement and feeling everywhere, just waiting to find out if he needs surgery. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers! He's in good spirits."
We'll keep you updated on this situation as more information becomes available.

Ouch, don't wish this on anyone, and I don't like many people.

That sucks for an injury like that to happen after you have really retired from the scene. I know he still participates in different series, but it is basically a hobby for him at this point.

I don't know that it's a hobby when you are a trainer for many top riders and the bulk of your income still comes from riding motorcycles. He's training numerous guys and still participates in AMA Pro Off road series out west, and last year tried to qualify for a MX National.

Sucks to hear anyone breaking their back, wish him a full recovery.

Bummer for Ryan & hope he does ok.

Being 6 days fresh days out of back surgery myself know backs suck real bad & can leave you in a lot of pain for a very long time.

I would have never though auto accidents would have done me in.

For me sadly it is safer to ride or race MX than to drive home from work....go figure that one.

That sucks for an injury like that to happen after you have really retired from the scene. I know he still participates in different series, but it is basically a hobby for him at this point.

Definatly not a hobby for him at all. He is wayyyy serious about moto.

Today, Hughes posted the following on his Facebook page:

"Extremities are all moving with feeling !! That was the scariest thing ever ! Thank you for all your love out there - that was my last ride."

No way that would scare him off a bike. That's not possible. Look at Henry. And all the others who get back on the bike.

No way that would scare him off a bike. That's not possible. Look at Henry. And all the others who get back on the bike.

Thinking that would depend on how the recovery goes. If his back is fused at those broken vertibre, I think being done is a good idea. Just too risky as it will then put more pressure on other joints...right? If he heals as God made him, I think once the shock of the injury where's off and the invinsibilty returns, he'll ride again.

I've been done many o' times and I'm not nearly that fast nor made a dime from do it...

Back