2013 Monster Energy Supercross - Round 7 - Dallas

Elliott4179

PR Addict
Well since Barrington didn't start one this week, I guess I will. Sorry for the unfanciness like his typical posts, but was enjoying Monster Jam in Cleveland with the little guy. Was a little disappointed in the mains, but man were the heat and lcq races ever exciting! Just wish they could make some tracks that weren't so one lined! What's your guys thoughts? Also I'm 50/50 on Tomac stepping up to the 450's next week. Glad to see the initiative, but is the risk worth the reward when you are in the title hunt for the west? Any guesses as to where Shorty is heading next week team wise?

I was thinking the same thing as they need to find a way to make mutiple lines aroud the track to make more bar to bar racing.

Ouch on Bell as the first get off...well he was lucky to walk away & the after the second one was thinking he should have called
it a night after the first one as that had to be one hell of a hit.

Who knows on James clutch as look at Dungey's shock a few weeks ago so maybe James was trying something new also.

Ditto on the track being one lined. Seems like they are all hard to pass on for them lately....unless its an aggressive one!

Kuddos to RD5 for finally making an aggressive move!

I thought bell was dead. Then he got up! Then he lines up for the lcq! Then he lawn darts again. Kid is tough but I think he will need to learn the slow down to go fast thing like RC and js did.

Pumped for Millsaps. I hope deano does run away with the title. He deserves it.

Who knows what was really wrong with js's bike...

I hope factory Honda let's short ride a bike under their rig again. Or a geico Honda.. (or KTM since pit broke news as I was typing!

How about martin not making it? Woulda rather seen him make it than Wharton..

Is the same guy designing all these tracks ?

Wonder what shock was on Dungey's bike ? Looked like it was working really well everywhere but he is so smooth it could be a bit decieving . He is still my pick for the title but I'd be happy if Millsaps hangs on and wins it too . Reed is almost back to full speed but some of the things he said in his interview lead me to think that the end of his career is looming in sight and might be influencing his performance . Stewart?....I quit caring a long time ago .

Martin with 3rd fasest time not making the main blows ( especially since he was one of my fantasy league picks ) . I think Marvin can give Wilson competition with a good start . Some of the rookies look promising and may do even better since 1st race jitters should be gone .

These tracks suck. Once again fast guys are stuck behind guys that are not nearly as fast because of one lined tracks and everyone doing the same thing. I would like to know what was really wrong with the clutch.

As far as Stewart's clutch goes, Suzuki just blows my mind. They only have a one man race team and one bike to maintain, whereas the others have two or more. You would think they would just have a spare bike set up the same for him. Unless there is some rule that doesn't allow that.

there is some rule that doesn't allow that.

This^.
The same boat as dungeys ktm that the air leaked out of on the line.
Or dungeys suzuki that wouldn't start at southwick.
Or Shortys honda that wouldn't start at freestone.
And this is just what I thought of off the top of my head real quick. Im sure theres many more cases. But anything involving Stewart for some reason makes NBC Nightly News.

You can change the engine, but you have to end the night/day with the same Seiral numbered frame that you begin with. Not allowed to change frames.

You can change the engine, but you have to end the night/day with the same Seiral numbered frame that you begin with. Not allowed to change frames.

Actually, a lot of the team bikes don't even have serial #'s on them. The AMA put's their tag on the frame though.

These tracks suck. Once again fast guys are stuck behind guys that are not nearly as fast because of one lined tracks and everyone doing the same thing. I would like to know what was really wrong with the clutch.

I always though the racing would be more exciting if they did a Nascar style start with say 3 or 4 rows so riders of equal speed are together which would make more bar to bar action thru the entire race. Use the heat races for row picks just like gate pickes are done now.

Lol....that wouldnt work well. Look at the trouble the guys are having passing this year on the lame tracks. 15-20 min just isnt enough time. Make it an hour and it would be more exciting that way!!!!!

Back