Stewart Clutch issues

John250

PR Founding Father
What kind of issue do you have on the line prior to a main event with your clutch that you can not race? These guys prep these bikes so much every week, I find it hard to believe they have a mechanical like that on the line. There's a good advertisement for Hinson Clutches.

Doesn't anyone use Rekluse clutches either? Should probably put spoiler in the title too, cuz you know how people get on here. LOL

Are those Factory Zooks hydro or mechanical? If it were something internal I believe they could of fixed it. I would think a factory mechanic could change clutch plates or springs at the line in under 2 minutes. Seems like Stewart was there a while doing interviews before the gate dropped. If it were a blown hydraulic line or snapped cable then that would be a different story. But when is the last time you saw a failure on one of those things?

I'm sure they aren't using a stock clutch in the factory bike. Regardless, that just blows.

Thatsucked for sure. Is it me or is JS 7 looking like he is finally getting into race shape. Looks a little thinner since season started

I would think a factory mechanic could change clutch plates or springs at the line in under 2 minutes
I have to disagree,
1. You gotta pull the brake, pull the cover and all the plates, keeping them out of the dirt and in some type of container, and then get the basket and all that off, then put it all back together hoping its together right,
2. Even if his mechanic could swap all that in the 2 minutes allowed, it would be a neat trick being that BIG JAMES, was the one going to the line with James all night.

What kind of issue do you have on the line prior to a main event with your clutch that you can not race? These guys prep these bikes so much every week, I find it hard to believe they have a mechanical like that on the line. There's a good advertisement for Hinson Clutches.
Come on John. Spit it out. What are you implying here?
Dont forget they take a sighting lap. Im assuming thats when he found out something was wrong.
But you are right, I find it hard to believe that something went wrong with Dungeys KTM shock while just sitting on the line waiting for the gate to drop too. :rolleyes:

Come on John. Spit it out. What are you implying here?
Dont forget they take a sighting lap. Im assuming thats when he found out something was wrong.
But you are right, I find it hard to believe that something went wrong with Dungeys KTM shock while just sitting on the line waiting for the gate to drop too. :rolleyes:

I don't buy it!

Who know maybe after that great heat race his knee started acting up again or we may never know what really happended.

He has been looking pretty smooth on the Suzuki this year & may have finally settled down some but hope it was not too late as he
has taken a lot of hard hits the past few years.

Stewart's a big mystery these days. First his knee and now a clutch? I'm not buying it. He's just in it for the money and fame now. He can't get an interview on the podium so he has to get it walking off the track.

I feel bad for the guy, I could see he was freakin that his gate was about to drop and he was side lined.
I am starting to like the guy again....Just a little, dont get upset john250. just a little.

No matter how good you are to win a championship takes everything to click off perfect.
team, home, physical, bike moon and stars.

I feel bad for the guy, I could see he was freakin that his gate was about to drop and he was side lined.
I am starting to like the guy again....Just a little, dont get upset john250. just a little.

No matter how good you are to win a championship takes everything to click off perfect.
team, home, physical, bike moon and stars.

I agree. He is a different rider these days. He used to bail if he was in 7th. Now I see him hanging in there for the best finish he can get and then making progress the next week. Seeing him pass Villopoto tells me he has the speed back he didn't have earlier, now he needs a little luck and better conditioning.

Back