2002 cr250 front fender

dozer

PR Addict
I have a 2002 cr 250, was wondering if anyone knows if the 2009-2012 front fender and number plate will fit on the bike. Just want to update the look!

yes. get a 2009-2012 crf 450 front fender, and it will line up. you will be able to use the rear holes in the fender for the front holes in the clamps. you will then have to drill two more for the rear holes in the clamp.

for the number plate, go with a cycra stadium for a 2009-2012. since the bottom of the number plate zip-ties to the forks with that plate, it helps keep it secure. you can secure the top part of the plate with a few zip ties running to the center bolt in your clamp that was used to hold your 02' plate on. i can post a pic of how i did it tomorrow

Would if you were to drill and tap mounting holes in the upper clamp? I just ordered 12 fender and stadium yesterday and going to make it work without out zip tyes.

Yeah that works i just didnt want to drill into the clamps. i ran a bolt into the front of the clamp that had a large washer on it, and just ran zip ties from each hole, to that. you can only see them if you are sitting on the bike so i didnt care.

Dozer, I live in Medina too and if all goes well drilling mine I'll drill yours for you. My dad has a mill at home so it should be easy task.

is it an 09 crf 250 clamp, or 450? i know they changed the Outside Diameter of the fork tubes right about when they changed styles of the bike, so i didnt think they would work on the older forks

Heres what I ended up doing, I riveted a piece of plastic from bolt hole to bolt hole. They made a hole in the middle to use the top hole of 04-08 style clamp. I would if drilled holes in the triple clamps but there is not enough area. Then front fender you need to drill the front holes out. Dozer its not a 09 clamp, its just the 04-08 style. I think I sold that clamp to Nick.

Back