Roricks bike shop

shockme#62

PR Member

Does anyone remember the old Roricks on Harisburg ave and 25th. canton?

I was at parassons restaurant today and seen a elderly woman, and i reconized her, (which i seen here several yrs. ago at walmart and spoke to her then about the old days.) so anyway, i went up to her and her family and ask if she was mrs. rorick and she said yes, she was so suprised that i reconized her let alone remembered her, i told her i spent severeal hrs in here shop talking to she and her husband when they ran and owned the store, she said they love the the guys comming in for race stuff, they just wanted to help everyone get the product they wanted to race, see was so excited, that she said it made her day. i told her i remember the 70's they used to have a bread truck and took to the local tracks to sell part (one that comes to mind well is crash and burn, grand prix) and accessories much like jock does today. I drive by the store everyday (and told her that) going to work. its a beauty parlor now. I alway look over and remember the days of old. By the way she still looks ok for her age, well enough that i remembered her. Ok, just wanted to share and see if anyone remembers. :)

I remember Roricks, but it was when Vic Sutec (sp?) had it. Was one of my favorite places in my early days in Ohio, until it closed and Kames started carrying MX stuff. Moto-X always had good stuff and good deals, hard to believe I knew Joc long enough for him to retire.

Was in there many times . Ii think they used to bring their truck to Motosport Trails ( aka Malvern ) too .

Loved that place. Brings back memories. One year they had Rock 107 down there for a bunch of giveaways. I won a complete set of AXO gear. Thought that was the sweetest thing ever. Wish I still had it, but loaned it to a former friend and never got it back. Also they had a huge backdrop display back then. I went in asking if I could rent it for senior pictures, cuz wanted to do something different, I walked out with it for free. I returned it with some money, and they refused my money. Class act!!!, won't find many places like that ever again. Makes me feel ancient.

1984 malvern and yankee lake had a 4 race spring series,won my class and had the most points of anybody that raced in the series,they gave me a new pair of hi-point boots that I still have today!

My late step brother & his dad bought that bread truck from roricks & drove it to ponca city & finished 2nd in 250 int class, 1981 i think?

Back