Wish I...

Zman

PR Addict
Could block pass like junior..Amsoil/Feld Motorsports released our helmet cam card back to us from the KTM Junior Supercross Challenge 2 weeks ago in Wilkes-barre, PA.

Great angle of Mitchy's last ditch effort, in the last corner, for the win...same stuff they showed on Speed when it broadcast, but from Mitchy's eyes. The kid, (#10 A. Driggs), Mitchy tries to square up and bounces off, finsihed...(.069) of a second ahead and earned the win. You can see he had a portion of the front wheel (on left) on Mitchy when they crossed. Good stuff and fun to watch these little fellas.

Now, if I could just get him to scream something, like is old man, when he does this...we may be able to pull it off next time.

I can just hear art shaheen: HE LITERALLY HIT INTO THE SIDE OF THAT OTHER ORANGE KTM BACKED MACHINE FOR THE WIN.

Sick pass. That kid who finished second will be haunted by that one for life!

Awesome how you can hear the crowd cheering when he went for the pass!

How many KTM's does Mitchy have now? :eek:

Awesome how you can hear the crowd cheering when he went for the pass!

How many KTM's does Mitchy have now? :eek:

Well...okay..cat is out of the bag...we headed to PA last week to get his new 13 50 SXS, because they only built a certain number and they are hard to find. Then, I come home and Pit sends me a nasty email...guy in Solon selling one with 14 hours on it, for half the price I paid for the new one..yes half....

So, now.. a couple 50SX's..a 13 Cobra 50 (for sale) and a KTM65...too many little bikes.

No more emails Pit..the wife is angry at you!! :)

Sharc, last year on 50's, but they run 65's in these events...May Vegas for title shot...and in the meantime we LL stuff March and April.

And are KTMs now surpassing the era in cobra dominance ? Why the switcheroo?

Yeah the 13 KTM50SXS moved to a auto disc clutch..much much more consistent hit, like is KTM65. Problem, in my opinion, with the 3 shoes clutch and washer stacks of the past and currently on Cobra, is, each corner is a different engagement. Mitchy got in a bad habit of a few throttle blips going into the corner to spool up the Cobra motor enough, so on exit, he was close a clutch engagement point. Basically, a guessing game and if he would just nail it, he would have wheel slip and wrestle with the bike. This KTM just looks like a really smooth power delivery out of the corners.

Also, the KTM is really narrow up front and he is a little rider. He also shaved several seconds off his laptime compared to the Cobra in PA.

Not sure if they are taking over Cobra, yet, but I see it on the horizon...KTM is going after this market and just like their big bikes, they spare no engineering nor parts expense. Cobra is going hard after the 65 market in an effort to bump KTM off in that market.

At the end of the day, KTM, this year, has provided a bike that can compete with the Cobras. For me, I am basically going on what Mitchy says he likes....told me again yesterday, I made the right call.

All that is left for his KTM 50's is to get the suspenders over to SRS (Eric Szalay) to do his magic. Just got the 65 back from him and what a difference....bike looks great with Mitchy twisting it.

I was Chanting "MOVE MOTHER F'R!!!" as I watched it. I guess some things are not so good to learn from your dad! LOL, bummer on the close loss, but maybe he'll use that new found knowledge to become the Champion in Vegas!!!!

And Mitchy has learned a lot from Uncle Robin, he at least knows that he should be going for all things KTM!!! He's going to catch up to me soon if he keeps adding KTM's at this rate!

The quality between the KTM and the Cobra is no comparison. Thats why I never went the Cobra route.

Anyone else thinking of going?
Sharc?

I priced flights leaving friday night comming home Sunday night

Round trip, 4 passengers round trip, and 2 nights room. 2600.00

Most likely going to take the Double D clan out to cheer on Z boy.

Back