A bittersweet day...Loneranger171 out for now...

loneranger171

PR Addict
Just got confirmation of foreclosure home winning bid purchase...so I'm happy that I can finally get a bigger house for the family....but will come at expense of this years riding as I need cash to help with repairs/moving/etc...

I'm looking at this as "temporary" and hope/plan to be back riding by next season....besides breaking my ribs last year was one of the funnest I had in many a years.....didn't think I could be so sad over something that is a big improvement for the family over our current house....I hate being a grownup sometimes!!

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/3665551141.html

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
congrats on the house, bummer on the riding. good luck!

how was that process of buying a foreclosed home? cant seem to ever find any clear info on how that all works. im sure theres not as many foreclosed homes out there as there was a year or 2 ago but id imagine theres still a bunch. cant ever seem to find legit info on them besides websites trying to scam you.

loneranger171

PR Addict
congrats on the house, bummer on the riding. good luck!

how was that process of buying a foreclosed home? cant seem to ever find any clear info on how that all works. im sure theres not as many foreclosed homes out there as there was a year or 2 ago but id imagine theres still a bunch. cant ever seem to find legit info on them besides websites trying to scam you.

Process wasn't awful...just stumbled across the bank owned property and was prepared to deal straight with the bank on the purchase but before I got a chance the bank listed a realtor to sell for them. Nice part was that I got to go thru the house a couple of times and assess any repair work. Weird part was the bid was a sealed bid and they took sealed bids for 12 days and basically opened up on the 13th day and winner took all....gotta really know how to tell if a foreclosure house is a total re-do or in need of some tlc cause the houses are sold "as is"...can't go back and use things to lower your offer..

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Congrats on the new house!! Bet you’re stoked!
……And when the time is right for riding, you where to find us.

loneranger171

PR Addict
Thanks Marc...it was a fun project with the play doh and was glad I got to meet you. Honestly ur love for the sport and amount u get to ride is awe inspiring.... already got buyer for bike as long as they show up tomorrow... $2700 cash

beamer315

PR Addict
Just spotted the bike on CL a lil while ago. Looks sweet. Makes me with 3 grand was laying in my house. I'd gladly give it to you for the ride.

DirtworldMX

PR Addict
Just got confirmation of foreclosure home winning bid purchase...so I'm happy that I can finally get a bigger house for the family....but will come at expense of this years riding as I need cash to help with repairs/moving/etc...

I'm looking at this as "temporary" and hope/plan to be back riding by next season....besides breaking my ribs last year was one of the funnest I had in many a years.....didn't think I could be so sad over something that is a big improvement for the family over our current house....I hate being a grownup sometimes!!

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/3665551141.html

Dont worry there will always be more bikes out there for you to buy, yes you could say that about a house but putting your family is the best option!! And there needs to be more men out there like you!! So dont be too gloomy your doing the right thing in my eyes! Im sure your family agrees and couldnt be more proud!! Congratulations very happy for you!!

loneranger171

PR Addict
Thanks for all the great posts guys.... will definitely keep Georgie in mind as well as bike demo days.. fwiw the first bike to go was the harley...showing my mx commitment.... but at end of next week I figured it was best to unleash the 144 too and let someone else have fun with it....

talonrunner18

PR Addict
Bummer for sure but great to hear about the house. My grandpa started riding in his late forties and is turning 80 in June. He still rides in the woods once a week. So don't feel like your time is running out, you can still have many more years.

loneranger171

PR Addict
Awesome grandpa story! Eighty and riding? Sweet! New owners got my bike tonight. Nice dad and son combination that no doubt will be fighting with each other for seat time...Braap! They also might be running my number plates with LoneRanger on them so if you see my bike it ain't me...lol

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I should if bought your bike. My dad and I were talking about it last night. And I told him yea I think that thin sold already.