Canard Whiskey Throttle

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Anyone see that at Daytona? Lucky it was early in the race and riders were not yet coming the other way!

Yes it was scary for sure. That and the LCQ In the 250 were the high lights of the night.

Whiskey throttle

Anyone see that at Daytona? Lucky it was early in the race and riders were not yet coming the other way!

[video=youtube;bsl4OEdU7Ws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=bsl4OEdU7Ws[/video]

Yeh I was watching the race and also seen it
Could of been ugly but the MX gods were with him
Those guys are unreal on a bike

Awesome race! First track all year that wasn't one lined.. crazy u could tell most of the guys had nothing left to give... true mans track for sure

I saw that too. Had it been me, I would have had to go directly to the restroom to clean out my britches.

Loneranger you are correct. At the end they were all physically done. Dungey really looked good on his bike and very fast and smooth. Marvin the same way. Both their bikes looked dialed in.

I figured this would be one race that js7 would win... rv was flying to bad dungey wasnt closer the whole time it might have been a good battle.

I figured this would be one race that js7 would win...
Especially the way JS turned it up that last lap of the heat. Made me think he was just out there playing around. Crazy that both him and Millsapps went 1 and 2 last year on crap yamahas, then had terrible races this year on suzukis. Thought it was going to be a repeat of last year.

Also rumors floating around that Reed has been talking with yamaha. This could mean riding the new design 450 for outdoors. Be interesting to see if that develops into anything.

I think you might be on to something with this Yamaha vs Suzuki talk....... but it's what one does better than the other. Suzukis are known to be great turning motorcycles which work well in SX because of the tight confines of the tracks....... but Yamaha's are known for their stability, which makes them better for High Speed stuff and rougher types tracks, or even outdoors. I think that Daytona is so rough and high speed vs a regular SX, that the Suzuki might just be a little too twitchy to run for 30 minutes at that pace with SX suspension and settings. Yamaha's probably work better at Daytona in the hands of a Professional SX rider.... but not as good at a normal SX.

Of course that is just my opinion based on what I know about the bikes and what the riders like.........

And I don't know if I see Reed leaving Factory Honda Backing, but if Factory Yamaha is calling with a clean sheet of paper again with the money in hand...... could be!

What about Carmichael doggin kyle chisholm (if I recall correctly). He looked spent, and was slow through a few of the last laps turns. RC4 said "if he goes any slower, he might tip over". This is coming from a part owner of that suzuki team if I heard it correctly from the announcers. I wouldn't have wanted to hear that coming from an owner and on NATIONAL TV. Ouch.

Carmichael was pretty funny about that...... calling out his own team riders for going so slow over stuff. It would be hard to be racing for a living and having your boss be able to jump on the bike you're riding and whoop you at any given time and tell you that you are slow!

Carmichael was pretty funny about that...... calling out his own team riders for going so slow over stuff. It would be hard to be racing for a living and having your boss be able to jump on the bike you're riding and whoop you at any given time and tell you that you are slow!

And at what looks like double his body weight that he was at when he was competing. Man, he must be kickin back, and livin' large. He looked huge in that still photo they showed from the tweet someone took of the SX announcers. LOL

And short ( as in RC being short not Andrew Short), did you hear the dig Emig hit him with about it? Lol....I dont remember what it was exactly but I was laughing about it at the time

I don't think RC looked as big as he was a year or so ago in person. As for bubba and millsaps...neither looked very good in the main. Bubba probably looked as bad as i've seen him at daytona and I've seen the last 25 in a row. Does anyone know...did they give barcia get docked any positions?? He should have when he cut corner 2 off the start. He was not in third....cuts over to the other straight. Slows...let's two guys by then took off.....where he was he wouldn't have probably been third out of that corner.

I guess if any team owner has a right to call out his rider it would RC. This is probably something he has told the guy too. I miss the days where Bailey would say what was really goin on rather than fluff everything. I don't think my wish will ever come to pass since Shaheen is still there running his yapper... lol. There was one point after the LCQ's where I was simply yelling at the TV "SHUT UP RALPH!" It is like he is trying so hard to say something powerful or insightful. I suppose I'd rather listen to Erin talk about bike setup... :) sorry for the soap box. :)

Not sure now about wanting to listen to Erin more than Ralphie... just heard her interviewing Peik after the LCQ. His emotions got the best of him out there on the track... hello he kicked his bike over cuz he thought he was 3rd. She's clueless! Glad she gave us a lesson on the flags too! Lol...

Gotta say that, That had a pucker factor of about 9.5 on the sphincter scale. LOL!
Just wonder if he missed geared, Cause he seemed to be trying to seat bounce that pretty hard... None the less WHEE HAAAAA!!!

Back