Malvern mx march 16 & 17

MalvernMX

PR Addict
Well it's that time of year again! Malvern's season opener, and the first race for the Ohio Motocross Association! We will be having open practice on Saturday, the 16th from 10 am till 4 pm. Cost is $25 per rider. Sunday, the 17th gates open at 6am, sign up opens at 7:30, practice at 8:30, racing starts at 10-10:30. A little earlier schedule because we know everyone would like to get home at a decent time. The who's first, bikes or quads, thing will be done a little different this year (unless it needs to be run a certain way due to the weather). It will be determined by a coin toss the morning of the race. Jarrett S. will be handling those.

Everyone over the age of five will pay the $10 gate fee on Saturday and if they leave by 5 pm Saturday it will be refunded. Gates will be closed and locked at 9pm, they will reopen at 6am. If anyone needs in after 9pm come to my motor home.

Track conditions: the track was graded and rolled in at the end of the season last year and has not been touched since. We will leave it that way until early Saturday morning and then get it all turned over. I think it will be good (not perfect, but good) . We will reface everything that needs attention on Friday. No changes at this time; early season is not the time to be moving dirt. Things are way to soft. I do have a few things in mind though, including a totally different woods loop that will most likely be debuted at our second race, Malvern's moto revolution round.

I've missed everyone over the winter and genuinely look forward to seeing you all this coming weekend!

Just checked out Malvern’s web site…..Sweet!....Very Nice!.....Super clean! All Moto!
Even if I had never heard of Malvern before, after just a few seconds, I knew the place was Pro and whoever is in charge truly takes pride in it.
Everything …..EVERYTHING on the site is Clean, up dated and focused on making me want to put my knobby prints on the place. Awesome!
PS. Wed. = Bike Only night….Sweet!
Sounds good!, I’ll be working a little longer Tue. so I can blow out early for it.
<O:p

Just got home from the track, been hauling equipment down all week. The track does not have water standing anywhere. It is still packed tight and will remain that way until Saturday morning. That way we can turn the thin layer of frost over. Same thing Saturday night. When riding is done we will grade and pack the track so we can start over Sunday morning. See everyone Saturday.

Yes, campfires are definitely allowed! Jason will be in to give an update on track conditions shortly! So far so good! :)

Ok everyone! Right now, believe it or not, the track is near perfect! Almost no mud! All jumps have been refaced. Will update in the morning!

Well, it looks like we lucked out! All the snow stayed to the north. We only got some intermittent rain through the night. It stayed above freezing, so there's no frost!!! I am heading out now to work the track up. I still think there will be little mud. Dress warm, and let's ride!!!

UPDATE!!!!! The track is absolutely amazing! Everyone that's here cant believe how awesome it is! There's still time! Load up and come ride!!!

UPDATE!!!!! The track is absolutely amazing! Everyone that's here cant believe how awesome it is! There's still time! Load up and come ride!!!

Come on you fair weather riders!!! Jason has this track dialed in. Nice ruts and traction everywhere. Lot of bikes and quads.

Track was so prime this weekend, Big thanks to Jason and the whole malvern crew! Super loamy/ sandy dirt not one bit of mud and sick ruts all day long!!!
I'm going to have to say that the best i have ever seen malvern in the 15 years i have been going to the vern!

Back