Malvern mx march 16 & 17

MalvernMX

PR Addict
Well it's that time of year again! Malvern's season opener, and the first race for the Ohio Motocross Association! We will be having open practice on Saturday, the 16th from 10 am till 4 pm. Cost is $25 per rider. Sunday, the 17th gates open at 6am, sign up opens at 7:30, practice at 8:30, racing starts at 10-10:30. A little earlier schedule because we know everyone would like to get home at a decent time. The who's first, bikes or quads, thing will be done a little different this year (unless it needs to be run a certain way due to the weather). It will be determined by a coin toss the morning of the race. Jarrett S. will be handling those.

Everyone over the age of five will pay the $10 gate fee on Saturday and if they leave by 5 pm Saturday it will be refunded. Gates will be closed and locked at 9pm, they will reopen at 6am. If anyone needs in after 9pm come to my motor home.

Track conditions: the track was graded and rolled in at the end of the season last year and has not been touched since. We will leave it that way until early Saturday morning and then get it all turned over. I think it will be good (not perfect, but good) . We will reface everything that needs attention on Friday. No changes at this time; early season is not the time to be moving dirt. Things are way to soft. I do have a few things in mind though, including a totally different woods loop that will most likely be debuted at our second race, Malvern's moto revolution round.

I've missed everyone over the winter and genuinely look forward to seeing you all this coming weekend!

Weathers lookin rough for the weekend, are you plannin on holding this weekends festivities through hell n high water or snow and rain or is there a chance itl b canceled to a later date?

Pro class is 200% at every event except the battle rounds (it will be more than that).
We are planning on racing this weekend! It's supposed to be in the 40s, with a slight chance of rain on Saturday. No reason to cancel unless we get a monsoon or something. Dress warm!!! See ya there!

Just got home from the track, been hauling equipment down all week. The track does not have water standing anywhere. It is still packed tight and will remain that way until Saturday morning. That way we can turn the thin layer of frost over. Same thing Saturday night. When riding is done we will grade and pack the track so we can start over Sunday morning. See everyone Saturday.

Practice went really well today. Thanks to everyone who braved the elements. The track turned out amazing. The weather looks much better for Sunday. It's going to be a great day of racing.

Wow! Great track today. I figured we would have been lucky to have just a little bit of mud and not alot, the track itself was very very good. The pits got greasy after the temp went up 1-2 degrees, but the track was good all day. No slop! Last I heard we were somewhere over 200 entries, which is excellent considering it was 30-35° most of the day. The Malvern crew is top notch, track prep, jumping into action to help downed riders, sign up, all seemed very flawless. We just needed some better weather to pack the place. Nothing we can do about the weather though. I feel very lucky to be apart of the OMA, and I think the hardcore riders that showed their toughness today feel the same way. Its going to be a great year!

Talk about diehards! I was great talking to Bob from Spokes today! That was worth the frozen toes right there.

Glad the new era is off to a great start! Sad we missed out. Malvern never seems to be bothered by the weather. How many new sign-uppers for the OMA did you have? Looking forward to next week, hope this dang Winter taps out soon. Did I read the schedule correct that series race #2 at Malvern is on Easter day? Matt.

An awesome day at the Vern for sure. The entire program went flawless. Can't wait for round 2 next weekend at MX213!

Glad the new era is off to a great start! Sad we missed out. Malvern never seems to be bothered by the weather. How many new sign-uppers for the OMA did you have? Looking forward to next week, hope this dang Winter taps out soon. Did I read the schedule correct that series race #2 at Malvern is on Easter day? Matt.

About 75 new members today. That's correct Matt, hippity hoppity, Malvern is on its way.

Back