RMZ owners .....look

hershey

PR Elite
Ok so Im beginning to mesh with suzy. the suspension is damn close now too!

Question, Suzy started puking oil from the goofy crank case vent hose up near the carb but I cant see a hole in it! Ok so bad enough, I thought, new hose will fix it.

So next moto this weekend I pull in and now its puking oil profusely from around the oil filter cover!!! WTF?

I pulled it off and everything looks to be intact.

Im I just having oil puking random problems here or is there something I missed for a common problem.

And on a side note, what is with Zooks having manual timing chain adjusters? PIA

Check routing of the crankcase vent hose. If it is blocked or pinched, oil may start leaking from who knows where. Happened to me on my 08 RMZ450. Mine was pinched by the linkage, if I remember correctly.

what are they recommending for hours/adjustment for the timing chain adjuster? dont have manual with me to check..im curious. have you checked your valves yet?

I havent check anything besides :

-tire pressure
-oil and changed it 2 times
-rear linkage grease
-fuel

I have 14 hours on the bike, I am going to try and check the valves and chain this week. I havent read the manual to tell e when to check the chain yet.

Manual chain adjuster? WTF are you talking about? Mine is automatic. Did you accidentally buy a 2005? I don't have a CARB either!

From now on please disregard any technical post from me, I am not only incorrect but also illiterate. I was on thumpertalk and in the RMZ section the first post was all about the manual timing chain adjuster. After reading Pits response I looked back and sure enough it was a sticky from 05.......

I now await a response in regards to my blunder from Sharc.....as I hang my head in shame

Haha. Yes they had manual timing chain adjusters in 2005-2006. Changed to automatic in 2007. I had an '06--really wasn't a big deal, I think I adjusted it twice.

As for puking oil, have you overfilled it on oil change? If you read the manual they have a very specific procedure on draining oil, which includes more than just removing the bottom drain bolt. If you are not following that procedure you may not be draining all the oil out.

I did read the manual but I am going to do that again for now obvious reasons! But the oil is coming from the middle of the vent hose at the top by the throttle body. And it leaks like a mother around the oil filter cover.......

[. And it leaks like a mother around the oil filter cover.......[/QUOTE]

Check to see if you pinched the O ring around the filter cover...

Sounds to me like it's building pressure...check your vent hoses,valve cover & crank case hoses. Your bike is just pissed you put white plastic on it!!!

Mabey you installed your oil filter backwards or got the spring in incorrectly? Pit is correct, I too had an 07 which had an automatic timimng chain adjuster and the 05~06 was manual. I still have the manual for an 05~07 450. Double check the oil strains for metal shavings clogging it up too. If it's a new bike, could have alot of shavings as the burs get taken off the metal parts.

does the Suzuki have a valve cover breather that goes into the airbox like the Hondas. If it does you need to drain those vent lines, other wise they start spewing oil out of the airbox. Remember when everyone thought you blew out my new shock when you were jumping the finish line at the cliff. haha that was from the vent tube. I would say the oil by the filter is the pinched oring, as mentioned above.

Back