80/100-21 vs. 90/100-21?

Scoob

PR Founding Father
So, I pick up a 90/100-21 front tire today at a decent price. A Dunlop mx51f. Noticed the new Kawi on the floor had an 80/100-21 size. What's the difference in feel/handing if any between the 90 and 80 widths? Thinking for me it will be fine. Just curious what peeps thoughts might be.

I prefer the wider tires. I feel like they go through loamy turns better. But the skinnier tires seems to track in ruts awesomely. I don't know. Probably just personal feel for tire preference.

I have always gone with bla/bla-21. Until someone pointed it out to me on some rear tires, I never paid attention. One is definitely harder to put on and take off then the other on the rear tire.

Just checked the tire on it now. Michelin 90/90-21. I'll try it. I do know the second number is the sidewall height and the smaller that number, the tougher to slide on, so this 90/100-21 should go on like butta! ;-)

the second number isnt exactly the height, it is an aspect ratio.

Okay, for example, a 90/90-21.

The first 90 is the width

The second 90 is the PERCENT of the width, which is the height. So, the height is 90% as high as the width. 90mm x 90% = 81.

So really, the measurements of your tire would be 90mm/ 81mm - 21.

hope this helps.

Back