2013 rmz450

mx834

PR Member
Thinking about getting a new rmz450. On the fence with the low prices. What does everyone who has one think. Good bike? I currently ride rmz250 and need a little more power.

Great bike once you get the fork valved properly. Make sure you use a suspension company that has experience with the sff stuff otherwise you will wrap up too much time and money in them.

The handling is superb and the motor is great. I am going to try a pipe to get a little more over rev but it still is wonderful.

great bike.stock suspension not so good. i was torn between that and the honda. im not 100% sure i made the right call, but im not disappointed at all. it turns awesome. the power is great and with an exhaust it really opens it up even more. i may be at malvern saturday, if you are there and see me stop me you can take it for a ride

You also should think about re sale value and overall quality. It`s hard to even give away a used RMZ sometimes. Can`t go wrong with the Honda.

All 4 strokes are hard to sell. My first Honda 450 took a long time to sell. Then my next bikes, RMZ450 and KTM450 were so hard to sell I started thinking I was going to need to part them out on Ebay. Then my most recent RMZ450 I sold was no problem, sold quick.

I've learned that the key to selling the thumpers is to keep them long enough that they are worth 2500-3000. Then they sell pretty quick. The days of buying a new bike every year and getting good money for the old bike are gone!

Time will tell, but I think these air fork bikes are going to be hard to sell.

So far I love the air forks, best stock fork I ever had. Instead of buying a forkspring, I had to buy a forty dollar airpump. So far very happy with my Honda.

Bullshit!

My apologies, this was not directed at Honda's. I rode a 2013 and liked it a lot also. My remark was geared at someone who made a comment about Suzuki's....especially when that person, from what I can remember, hasn't ever owned one and has ZERO basis for speaking on behalf of any Suzuki. I've owned 4 RMZ's since 2007 and have never GIVEN one away...I agree with Pit's comments on the market in general for bikes.

Back