Need Homeowners insurance.

MXracn746

PR Addict
Anybody know of a good ins company or rep I could call? 3 claims in the last 6 years and State Farm has decided to drop me after 20+ years.

Call Kristy. She works in my wife's office and can run you through a bunch of companies, she just helped another friend of mine. No big deal with you being in Columbus area.

Montgomery Insurance and Investments (they are an independent agent)
937-372-7669 Ext. 104
Kristy Boyer

Insurance is only as good as your agent, and they are all great agents. They are the ones that went to bat for me with Cincinnati Insurance on my bikes.

Anybody know of a good ins company or rep I could call? 3 claims in the last 6 years and State Farm has decided to drop me after 20+ years.

I absolutely hate insurance companies: Health, Auto, Home all about the same. This is just another example. The whole purpose of having insurance is to be insured, Right? Then if something does happen, God forbid, You are in Damnation.

I am looking for New home owners Insurance in the neighborhood of 300k full replacement, 100k Property Liability min, and comparable with personal ect. My current Homeowners has increased to almost double in the past few years. I have never filed a claim, and have been with them for about 10 years. Every bill has been increased substantially (I pay 6 months in full Bi annually) over the last three to five billing cycles. No one ever gives me a justifiable answer for the increase and basically say If I don't like it I am welcome to go someplace else. I almost feel like they are pushing me to leave. Its as If some bean counter has come up with probabilities or something and trying to terminate good customers prior to a claim or something.... I don't know but I sure feel betrayed.
So much for customer loyalty. Did I mention I hate Insurance companies?

The increases in EVERYONES home owners insurance is due to the catastrophic claims that have been paid in the state of Ohio in the last three or four years. Wind storms, tornados, flooding, hail, hail, and more hail are the reasons.

I think it sucks that if your a good customer for 20+ years you get dropped, but I heard that about state farm after the last hail storm here last year. Neighbors of ours had state farm, and lived right next to each other. One guy had one adjustor, he paid for a whole new roof for a house. Different adjustor, house next door to that one, he wanted to replace parts of the roof and not the complete roof. Both with State Farm. Took my neighbors agent forever to get them to agree to replace his whole roof.

I hate insurance companies, ours dropped us because we had a trampoline !! I can understand why, but we have a pond to, that to me is more dangerous than a trampoline. They didn't care about that but care about the trampoline.

I heard an interview on the radio with an insurancd co vp. He said they were raising the rates across the board on all policies to help cover coming expenses for obamacare. He explained that with the coming millions that HAVE to be insured they needed to take precautions.

I heard an interview on the radio with an insurancd co vp. He said they were raising the rates across the board on all policies to help cover coming expenses for obamacare. He explained that with the coming millions that HAVE to be insured they needed to take precautions.

Alright now just stop it!

Hershey, you are correct. But that is Health Insurance that will go up to cover those expenses. Anthem and United Health Care are now showing the cost associated with the new Affordable Care Act and how much its costing you in premium to cover those on Employers invoices.

I'm just relaying what the vp said in an interview! He said companies were raising ALL types of insurance to cover the health portion of their company....... don't kill the messenger!

I was on the phone with one company and they asked me about my dog, and if she was licensed with all the shots and everything, and when I told them she was a German Shepard, he said that they are on the "dangerous breed" list and couldn't help me, and hung up!

We have switched companies 4 times in the past 10 years or so due to rate increases & have never made a home owner claim in 30 years of owning several homes.

Last switch was not only due to rate increase but at the same time they wanted to pro-rate roof replacement & I wanted total replacment cost on everything
as our house is the largest investment we have.

Housing values are flat in our area but rates increase every year....what is wrong with that picture? Since 1996 ours has gone up 3-1/2 time the orgional rate.

Oh I don't disagree at all. I believe there is nothing in the Affordable Care Act, that is "Affordable". It will cost all of us MORE money.

Well Hear was one kicker I have to add. I have been forced to pay for coverage I do not want. while shoping around I have been told that I must have about 250K coverage, and I can't purchase less. I really only wanted about 80K to keep my premiums low. But they say they are unable to undersell my coverage BY LAW. I call BS! I own my home and I should be able make the choice as to how much coverage to purchase (should something happen I just don't want to be sleeping in a Camper parked in my woods). So I got online and referred the agent on the phone to the exact website of a known reputable Builder and directed them to a model home that was nearly a dead ringer to my existing home and It was something like 147K Built on your lot. (Which I still felt I could do better / was just a quick search) And that is if they had to totally replace the house should a tornado or something totally destroy My House. Even with that info, the agent gave me all kinds of BS! None of which was justified.
Its pretty much extortion if you ask me.

The key is to avoid dealing with insurance companies directly and find a good agent who writes for multiple companies that will do all the dirty work, find the best rates, and keep you from paying for coverages that you do not need. I have been blessed to have an agent that I grew up with and have known since childhood, and I don't have to wade through all the fine print to figure out what is covered. Ask for Jill at Cark Agency in Doylestown - 330-658-2709. I've referred several people to her, and only one was not able to come back with a savings.

So much for customer loyalty. Did I mention I hate Insurance companies?

Loyalty buys nothing in the insurance biz. Your only as good as your last premium payment.

The increases in EVERYONES home owners insurance is due to the catastrophic claims that have been paid in the state of Ohio in the last three or four years. Wind storms, tornados, flooding, hail, hail, and more hail are the reasons.

An old friend who was a part time home builder for 35 years once told me that it's the catastrophic claims everywhere and anywhere in the U.S. that drives up the rates.

He said storms and calamity damage in the South hurricane states will drive up building materials cost everywhere, and then they typically don't return fully to previous prices.

The key is to avoid dealing with insurance companies directly and find a good agent who writes for multiple companies that will do all the dirty work, find the best rates, and keep you from paying for coverages that you do not need. I have been blessed to have an agent that I grew up with and have known since childhood, and I don't have to wade through all the fine print to figure out what is covered.

The rules and stipulation language around coverage probably varies from company to company correct?
Cheaper not always means better.
My dad dropped State Farm years ago and uses an independent agent as well, but he has discovered that's no yellow brick road either. He has saved some money over the years but has found out the hard way not all policies and coverages are the same.

Georgie, Call Kristie Boyer at Montgomery Insurance and Investments. I've sent numerous people to her from around Ohio I know. They represent multiple companies and will place you with the best company that you qualify for.

937-376-7669 ext 104.

Tell her I referred you to her.

If people want the federal government to pay for stuff, that money has to come from somewhere. That means taxes, and the tax required to pay for people with preexisting problems to get insurance under the Affordable Care Act will cost anyone with insurance $63 each year. The extra costs on insurance companies means the people left holding the check are those that already have insurance and the employers who purchase it, according to CBS.

Back