MX 213 Open Practice April 14

biged@mx213

PR Member
MX 213 will be open for practice Sunday April 14, 11am-5pm. Gates will be open at 9:00 am. Come out and enjoy the day.

Use your MX 213 Bucks

MX 213 will be open for practice Sunday April 14, 11am-5pm. Gates will be open at 9:00 am. Come out and enjoy the day.

Just a reminder: If you took MX bucks from the race, you can use them for practice. This is limited to the MX 213 bucks only.

It's a good track Scoob. 30 seconds from the highway (rt70). Nice big sweeping turns and some elevation change too. Safe jumps, no big gaps. Try it...bet you'll like it.

The wife an I drove out to watch a little of practice a couple weeks ago. Is a wide open safe track for the most part. Would be fun and not too punishing on the undersuspended bike. I'm working on that...

A bunch of us had planned on heading North and hitting up Redbud for their last open ride day before racing starts-up. After checking radar and a bazillion weather sites at 7AM, we stiffed our friends that were already there, had others turn around and plain old-chickened out of the 4 hour drive.

Instead, we headed south for MX-213. Still not a short jaunt but at least towards the warmer temps we hoped.

It was Awesome! Mostly dry. Actually, the driest that we saw the entire way down.

Good sized crowd of A-B-C bikes … a few quads (maybe 3) and a some minis.

The Track is a riot…the fast turns are just plain old FUN…..!

They watered and ran the tractor around towards the end of the day and it made things even better.

Sessions need to be geared towards the crowd. A-B-C bikes should get the most time. The other 9 riders (regardless of Quad, mini or Peewee) need to accept that they are a single group onto themselves.
MX-213 is a very “visible” track…..Inside this random group; everyone should be able to watch for the others.

A-B-C bikes should get the most time
Why is that, did they pay more?

My oldest was probably the 1st or 2nd bike on the track. At first it was open for everyone to ride. as it got closer to noon the track started to fill up. Then they decided to break up the sessions. By the time 4 oclock came around most people had had enough of riding.

The other 9 riders (regardless of Quad, mini or Peewee) need to accept that they are a single group

So you want a full size quad rider not only looking out for the 8 85 riders but watch for a 50 rider as well?

The only peewee rider ran with the 85's

And the small quads ran with the big quads.

[/QUOTE]

There was one full size quad rider...?> He had a very loud muffler too....

We talked a little about having a pewee track for the little guys. Then you could put the few quad riders with the few minis and make there own group.The track is very visible and there were flaggers too. Could you imagine the raving going on to add two or three more chances on the track. Or to extend the sessions 10 minutes or so.
I think it died down at the end not because riders were thru as much as they did not want to wait for the tractor to finish up.

Cudos to the club and the track layout I will be back

[/QUOTE]Then you could put the few quad riders with the few minis and make there own group [/QUOTE]

Let me know when your have a son riding with a full size quad behind him and tell me how you feel about that.

213 did it right. period.

You wont make everyone happy and if bikes need more time they can go out with the group they shouldnt be in. Oh wait they did.

Back